Topic: Can't install - User doesn't create

Hello,

I am trying to install latest CuteNews on my site (v2.0.4). My PHP is version 7.0.18, I also set access rights for even whole folder to 777, but still I am stuck in index page, where I need to create admin user. Maybe someone can help me with some ideas?

Re: Can't install - User doesn't create

Hello,

Does your page look like this - https://www.screencast.com/t/fblJDEXkfGp7 ?

Do you enter all the data in the left field?

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hello,

yes, exactly. I fill all the data, press "Create admin account" button and page reloads, but nothing happens. No error - nothing.

Hello,

Please check for the users.txt file in the cdata folder and its permissions. If there is no file, then create it with the permission for writing (for example, 664).

Best regards,
CN Support team

5 (edited by paulius.butkus93 2017-07-27 11:02:04)

Hello,

I checked server and was able to find file "users.txt" inside cdata folder. It is created, but empty. I even tried to set permissions to 777 - it is not the issue.

Hello,

First, put Cutenews on the local server (localhost), and check there the creation of the user - you need to make sure that this is not related to any restrictions on the server. If it works on localhost, but does not exist on the server - then it will be necessary to search for the reason for the hosting provider.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Found the issue. At some point, maybe it is related with PHP version, installation form broke when in install.php (location: cutenews/skins/base) action had this PHP_SELF.
<form action="<?php echo PHP_SELF; ?>" method="POST">

I simply replaced that <?php echo PHP_SELF; ?> with # (looks like this: <form action="#" method="POST">) and registration worked. So, issue is fixed!