1 (edited by 2013-01-30 12:46:26)

Topic: Plug-ins for Cutenews 1.5

The idea of plug-ins is that there are the functions hook() that pass the data meanings in the particular places of the original CuteNews code, and these data are handled by plug-ins' filters.

To show how the hooks work we can take for example the code for processing the news template from core.php:

list($output, $news_arr) = hook('template_replacer_news_before', array($output, $news_arr));

Here the hook is called for the function "template_replacer_news before" the changes of the constructions like {title}, {author} and so on.
Explanations: The array $news_arr is the data with the meanings of the current news, $output is the content of tpl-template, for example the content of Default.tpl.

The called hook has a name "template_replacer_news_before". This name is registered when plug-in initialization and can be used for calling other plug-ins,
i.e. if one plug-in registered the name "template_replacer_news_before" and another one did the same then the function of the first plug-in will be called primarily.

Let's create the first plug-in.  Name it my_plugin.php and place in ./cdata/plugins directory.

Here are the the plug-in snippet:

<?php 

/*
        Connect the hook "template_replacer_news_before" with the function 'my_plugin_trnewsb'.
        It means that while calling the hook ('template_replacer_news_before', $args) the function my_plugin_trnewsb() will be called that will have the parameter $data.
    */       

add_hook('template_replacer_news_before', 'my_plugin_trnewsb');

function my_plugin_trnewsb($data)
    {
        // Here the $data is the array, that's why the hook will return the same array 
        return $data;
    }      

?>

As you can see the mechanism is quite easy. You need to register the hook and write for it the appropriate handler function.

You shouldn't forget to do a 'return' of the data meanings (modified probably) or you can have an incorrect input.
Let's write the new field for templates, for example the field "{show_php_version}"

<?php 

add_hook('template_replacer_news_before', 'my_plugin_trnewsb');
    function my_plugin_trnewsb($data)
    {
        // Unpack the data from the array
        list($output, $news) = $data;

// Make a change of {show_php_version} to the meaning PHP_VERSION
        $output = str_replace('{show_php_version}', 'PHP Version is '.PHP_VERSION, $output);            

// Return the data to the code
        return array($output, $news);
    }   

?>

Now add to the template code, for example to the Full Story the fragment {show_php_version}, then create news and see the PHP version data.

It's easy to make the additional menu in options with the help of plug-ins. Two hooks are responsible for this – "more_options" and "options_additional_actions".
The hook  "more_options" is necessary for adding the links to the section Options, the second one processes the incoming data on ?mod=options&action=options.

An example:
Create the file add_options.php in ./cdata/plugins:

<?php 

add_hook('more_options', 'aopt_menu');
    add_hook('options_additional_actions', 'aopt_handler');

// The parameter $options is passed for this hook, we should add

function aopt_menu($options)
    {

$PHP_SELF = PHP_SELF;

$options[] = array
        (
            'name'              => lang('My plugin!', 'options'),
            'url'               => "$PHP_SELF?mod=options&action=my_more_options",
            'access'            => ACL_LEVEL_ADMIN,
        );

return $options;
    }

// The data aren't passed, we should use the global variables
    function aopt_handler()
    {
        // Instead of the straight call $_GET you can use the function REQ
        if (REQ('action','GET') == 'my_more_options')
        msg('info', 'Hello!', lang("It's my FIRST plugin"));

}

?>

Now in Options there is a new menu 'My plugin!'. While clicking to it we will see the message "It's my FIRST plugin".

Good luck with creating of plug-ins!

Best regards,
CN Support team

Re: Plug-ins for Cutenews 1.5

Great thing is connect with this online website is that it has all best online game play addiction solitaire free .I know there are only few website like free addiction solitaire online website

Re: Plug-ins for Cutenews 1.5

This pyramid solitaire card game has added the new function and option by which we cab easily learn all online games   pyramid solitaire online .I also learn all games online with this best online game website