Topic: Move news to new webserver

I have to move webserver. After install new cutenews I can not move a backupfile and unpack it to new server so I have over 500 news entries on my old cutenews. How can I move old news to the new webserver? Thanks Stefan

Re: Move news to new webserver

Please specify the error message you've got while moving a backup file. To move files to a new web server, it's enough to copy all the files.

Best regards,
CN Support team

3 (edited by zikke 2018-12-06 16:51:45)

If I move backup filé from old server to new one and choise to unpack it I got error that backupfile not exist. My version is 2.0.3 and suddenly stop working on my webhotel. I think it can be something with php version and they are not longer back compatible. Think they use 7.1 now. so I get this error message on my website "Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /customers/1/c/8/****************/core/news.php:26 Stack trace: #0 /customers/1/c/8/****************/core/news.php(316): cn_helper_category(Array) #1 /customers/1/c/8/****************/core/core.php(2666): cn_modify_category_icon(Array, Array) #2 /customers/1/c/8/****************/core/includes/active_news.php(123): entry_make(Array, 'active', 'Default') #3 /customers/1/c/8/****************/core/includes/dispatcher.php(31): include('/customers/1/c/...') #4 /customers/1/c/8/****************/show_news.php(109): include('/customers/1/c/...') #5 /customers/1/c/8/****************/news.php(14): include('/customers/1/c/...') #6 {main} thrown in /customers/1/c/8/****************/core/news.php on line 26"       But I can log in on daschboard. thanks for all help

Please edit your code core/news.php, line 20:
from

$nice = '';

to

$nice = [];
Best regards,
CN Support team

Thanks for all help. I have moving the cutenews now and its works fine.

6 (edited by royaragon5946 2019-08-13 04:53:05)

mycfavisit

Support_Team wrote:

Please edit your code core/news.php, line 20:
from

$nice = '';

to

$nice = [];

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

7 (edited by Shantel13 2021-06-18 07:01:38)

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.

My Gift Card Site