1 (edited by goodolvic 2019-02-04 08:51:21)

Topic: Items display horizontally, and prevent full-story new window

I've been using CuteNews for a long time, but recently I bought a license as it has become my main CMS. I am using CuteNews to manage news items, articles, and content pages.

I've been making various modifications to templates, however I have specific needs and I can't seem to figure out how to implement them. Here are my two main questions:

Short-story landing page design

News items are currently displayed vertically to fill the content space.

I want to change this for a specific category of news items so that the landing page displays the short-story items horizontally. My short-story items in this category are a simple and image and text. Here is an example of this landing page with the undesirable implementation. I simply need those short-story links to display horizontally, left to right.

I should note that I don't want this to affect my standard news page because they should continue to display vertically, so it seems like I would need to create an alternative shows_news.php for this purpose?

Full-story links
When users click on a full-story link, they are sent to a new page instead.

How can I prevent the 'target=_blank' behavior? Since users are still navigating within the site I prefer that they don't have to open a separate window each time they click on a full-story link.

Re: Items display horizontally, and prevent full-story new window

Oh, I just noticed this: [full-link target=_blank]

neutral

Haha, so one problem solved at least! I'm still trying to figure out how to display those short-story links left to right.

As one of the options, you can fix the layout for the template Active News. By default, there is
<div style="width: 100%; margin-bottom:30px;">
Change it for the structure
<div style="width: 100%; padding: 10px; display: inline-block; width: 250px; vertical-align: top">
In this case, the news will go as a block with width of 250 pixels (you can write any other number, including percentage), vertically aligned.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Thank you, I will try it out.

I was facing similar problem.I tried above comment and it worked..I hoped it worked for u too.And yes this problem of full story link irrtiates a lot.

With mobile devices, we're often concerned with the vertical height. To define a fixed value for the vh based on the maximum height of the screen.

I am also having similar issue using the facility. I have tried to resolve this issue, but I have not succeeded yet walgreenslistens!