1 (edited by 2004-12-19 22:00:51)

Topic: Convert Old Fusion News To Cute News

*UPDATED 11/30/04 8:48 AM EST BUILD 110*

put this file in the data directory
copy the news folder from your fusion directory and put it in the cute news data directory
run this php script

*YOUR CURRENT NEWS WILL NOT BE LOST OR OVERWRITEN BY THIS SCRIPT*

*BUILD 110*
converts fusion bbcode to cute bbcode (instead of to html) it might not work 100% perfectly yet because i didnt put too much effort into it so the 109 build can be downloaded by clicking *BUILD 109* below

*BBC CONVERTER BUILD 102*
for those who used an older converter but still need the bbcode fix (101 might be a better choice, read the text for fuse2cute build 110 so you understand)
this will be the last bbcode build - after this if you need bbcode converted you'll have to redo your whole database

*BUILD 109*
fixed links and avatars

*BBC CONVERTER BUILD 101*
for those of you who already used the older converters, and had the bbcode problem
update fixes links

*BUILD 108*
shouldnt have any more timeouts, but a lot of waiting if you have a big database
fixed the bbcode conversions (cuz uh... i messed up?)

*BUILD 107*
script will now convert your old fusion bbcode to html
(cuz cute doesnt support fusions bbcode)
[BBC CONVERTER INTEGRATED INTO THIS SCRIPT]

*BBC CONVERTER BUILD 100 RELEASED*
for those of you who already used the older converters, and had the bbcode problem

*BUILD 106*
removed yes/no (now its just start, it wont erase anything)

*BUILD 105* [RELEASED, RECALLED FOR ERRORS DO NOT USE]
supports bringing fusions old comments to cute news

*BUILD 104* [UNRELEASED]
fixed the refresh after selecting no problem
fixed blank lines in cute txt files

*BUILD 103* [UNRELEASED]
supports commenting on old fusion news posts

*BUILD 102*
i realized fusion replaces
with &br; so i have fixed this to display properly with cute, if anyone knows of any others they would like fixed let me know

*BUILD 101*
i just added a but of a protection, so if you used the | character in any part of your fusion news it will convert it to ascii so it will still display properly (instead of confusing cutenews)

*IF YOU RECIEVE A TIMEOUT ERROR TRY THIS*
make a copy of /news/toc.php (call it /news/toc2.php)
open /news/toc.php and ERASE EVERYTHING IN IT
open /news/toc2.php and copy the top 50 lines of it into /news/toc.php
run the script
erase /news/toc.php and copy the next 50 lines from /news/toc2.php
run the script again
lather, rinse, repeat
(if you still time out with 50 try 25)

as always, everything is use at your own risk

[size=14]Click Here for the most recent version[/size]

Re: Convert Old Fusion News To Cute News

Good to see you supporting Cutenews.... stupid Fusions tongue They are really fussy about there copyright. and then give it away for free. Idiots lol big_smile

eh, i like cute a lot, and i like seeing that it's updated, not dead like fusion, i did like fusion, but it really sux when good scripts go to waste, and cute has so far impressed me more than fusion did when i first found fusion

Woohoo big_smile

bump

build 102 released

no problem, just let me know if it causes any trouble or there's anything missing

future versions might include comment converters

Try that when FN3.7 Comes out...
Specially the user's file, i've seen the users file used in FN3.7 and its sooooooooooo complex.
I cant even begin to understand whats what in it.

BTW, When i say 3.7, I actually mean 4.0 now.

eh, well i dont plan on making a converter for that then, if fusion news comes out and its that much better people will switch and wont need converters to cute - but for now cute is the better option so a converter is nice to have

I'll probably try and do a converter from FN4.0 to FR1.1/2.0[?] and if i get it done i'll be sure to send you my code.

hey guys.....worry about it when the time comes alright? .. you've done great work so far in making a convertor NyNe .... glad you actually did that so people have the choice to switch to cutenews without their news being deleted so BIG BIG up to you man smile

When fusion 3.7/4.0 comes out.......don't fret, relax....you'll find a way to decode it to cutenews if people decide to use cutenews as their management tool WHICH I THINK PERSONALLY they should big_smile

Should have said in your opinion

/big rant

lol. Comments should'nt be all that hard to deal with in FN3.6.1
They start on the third line of news.*.php
Check the source code to see how they are arranged.

yeah i know im just lazy, i havent fucked with comments in cute yet, so i havent decided to convert them, plus i dont think people need them yet

mm, should I upload my converter from Movable Type to Cutenews that I made?

MT converter big_smile Nice!

donno what that is, but sure, make a new post for it so ppl know what to look for

16 (edited by 2004-11-27 06:18:33)

bump

build 105 released
(fixed all issues with comments, try deleting your fusion posts from the news.txt then re running the script)

*106 released to fix 105*

17 (edited by 2004-12-01 19:17:50)

mods who see this, please do not delete it
i just need a way to upload the php file so that people can download it
so i am attatching it to this post (i cant edit the attatchment on the post in the hacks section - if someone could make it so i can they can delete this post)

if you dont know what the files below are, go check the hacks section for the post with this name