i changed by site address and captcha suddenly stopped displaying the captcha image, i changed back to my old address and it still doesnt show so i tried to disable captcha and it will not let you disable it.
out of frustration i decided to install a fresh copy to test it out (version 2.0.3) and you can not disable captcha from there neither regardless if you try to turn it on or off in settings. seems nobody can register on my test site. just wondering if i am the only one with this issue?

Have you checked with your host that the mailer is working? Some hosts disable it to prevent their servers being used to send spam.

I am the host. I run everything from home and never had a problem before. having said that ive tried several other php mail scripts and none of those worked either. ports in my firewall are open too but i disabled my mercury mail server so there were no conflicts

I believe it can not be changed. when you first install the application(CuteNews) it will ask where you want to the .htaccess to be saved. im guessing since you have only just installed it you could uninstall and install again but choosing the new location where you want it saved.

I am using CuteNews ver: 2.0.3
There is no settings at all for the mail server anywhere in the whole CuteNews settings options. People can not retrieve their lost passwords, notifications do not work. has anyone else got their mail settings working in this version? if so how did you do it? thanks

After getting everything up and working, including fixing many of your bugs myself i find there is no way to see who is online, who has been online recently or any statistical data at all. it would be very nice to have a small section somewhere in this script to see who is actually online. it would also be nice to see a reply once in a while as this site seems to have died a thousand deaths, admin has not been online since fish had feet and on top of that this site is over run with spam bots. thanks

(1 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

ok im back again  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/cool.gifhttps://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
i finally got the search to work! i will provide my code below in a moment to help anyone else having troubles with this search issue,
although the search now works (on mine anyway) there is however still one small issue, it only allows you to search single words or you get a nasty error which i will list also.

working search code ...

<!-- begin featured content -->
    <div id="featured">
      <h2>News</h2>

<?php

if (isset($_GET['search'])&&$_GET['search'])
                {
                    include ("newsdesk/search.php");
                }
                else
                {
                    $number = "5";
                    include ("newsdesk/show_news.php");
                }
?>    

</div>
    <!-- end featured content -->

</div>
  <!-- END content -->
  <!-- BEGIN right sidebar -->
  <div id="rsidebar">
    <!-- begin advertisement -->
    <div class="box">
      <h2>Banner Advertisements</h2>
      <p class="ads"> [url=#][img]images/ad125x125.jpg[/img][/url][url=#][img]images/ad125x125.jpg[/img][/url][url=#][img]images/ad125x125.jpg[/img][/url][url=#][img]images/ad125x125.jpg[/img][/url] </p>
    </div>
    <!-- end advertisement -->
    <!-- begin search box -->
    <div class="box">
      <h2>Search Box</h2>
                <form action="<?php echo PHP_SELF; ?>" method="GET">
                    <input type="hidden" name="dosearch" value="Y" />
                    <div>
                        <input style="width: 200px; padding: 4px;" class="text" type="text" name="search" value="<?php echo cn_htmlspecialchars(REQ('search')); ?>" />
                        <input style="width: 75px; padding: 4px;"  class="submit" type="submit" value="search it!" />
                    </div>
                </form>
    </div>
    <!-- end search box -->

the above is a snippet of my index page of my own website. please note that my main website is in the http://www.mywebaddress.com and my cutenews folder war renamed to newsdesk and the directory is located in http://www.mywebaddress.com/newsdesk.

when i search for something like "test" or "will" or "thanks" it all works fine, news displays and no errors but if i search for "good day" or "is there" or longer phrases like "what is to be" then i get a horrible error, it displays the article and copmments but with the error.

newsdesk/uploads/avatar_ruler_Image1.png" style="width:px;height:50px; margin:0px 5px;"/>Posted on 26 Sep 2015 by ruler
news-fb-comments" data-href="http://www.mywebaddress.com/index.php?id=1443292712" data-send="true" data-layout="standard" data-width="0" data-show-faces="true" data-font="arial" data-colorscheme="light" data-action="like">

anyone else able to search phrases without errors? or is it just me?
when i search it finds everything and when you click on the found objects to view the contents thats when i get the errors. thanks

[EDIT]:
I found the error in search.php, there was a "?" missing before qhl in the line 

$url = cn_url_modify($_static_qr, 'id='.$id, "?qhl=".urlencode($search));

i dont get any errors now but the search results are not highlighted, this is a problem on Apache servers such as mine and needs a work-around to solve this.

I made a typo on a news post and I edited it to correct it after I uploaded it.  The post updates on my website but when I click the Facebook Like button, the content going to Facebook still contains the typo.  The only workaround I found is to delete the post and create a new one without the typo.

This Facebook issue also occurs with images.  I didn't have an image on a post, edited it to add an image and the Facebook Like button does not show the image.

Anything I'm overlooking or is this a bug?

it is not an error, thats how facebook works. when you share something on there from another site and the site changes the content facebook rarely recognises it and will remember the original post. hope this helps

Hi folks!
Just a quick question on the search option. I did see a 'very' brief post on the subject pinned here but  with far too little information to get it working properly.
Yes i did read the help section and again the information was too limited so im left having to ask for more information.
What code do i need and where do i need to put it in order to get the search function working correctly?
I tried following the help section but to no avail, nothing works at all where the search function is concerned.
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks