Thanks.

cdata has 775 permission and System self-check reports that "All permissions are correct".

I have noticed that the template structure in now different. Previously template files were called .tpl and located in data forlder. Now they are located in cdata folder and there is a template subfolder.

I dont see my English.tpl template imported into cdata or cdata/template folder.

How do I do that and how do I point 1.5.0 to use that temp;ate instead of its default template?

Copy from the folder  data/ into cdata/ the following files:
category.db.php, comments.txt, news.txt, postponed_news.txt, unapproved_news.txt

Check also the users list at Options > Add/Edit users and check the rights of access on the folder  cdata.

Thanks, it has worked out, but the includes I use to display the news on my site are missing or are different.
Is there a way to migrate the templates/includes from old installation as well?

(20 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Migration script doesnt work as supposed. It reports ok in the end, but the data isnt gettign migrated from 1.4.7 to 1.5.0

the svn folder was never supposed to be in the zip.
As it's pontless. It appears they've uploaded a new zip file without the cdata folder.

You can always manually make the folder on your ftp drive it should be created in the same location where you have the inc folder and the sow_news.php file.
Then check "chmod 755 cdata" or "chmod 775 cdata", or "chmod 777 cdata".

Thanks, I have created cdata dir and was able to complete my installation, but an upgrade failed and news from old 1.4.7 were not converted.
My news file is located at data/news.txt
Is there anything else I can do in addition to running migrate/147_150.php script?

The installation archive of 1.5.0 contains a cdata folder with one .svn folder and files in it.
Did you upload it?

I dont see it in my install archive and there is no .svn folder as well. Are they missing from the latest release located here https://cutephp.com/click.php?cutenews_latest?

Hello,

I have followed upgrade instructions posted here https://cutephp.com/cutenews/upgrade.php

Backup copy the /data/ folder from the installed CuteNews copy to save your data (news, comments, etc.).
Download CuteNews 1.5.0 beta archive and unpack it.
Upload the received files in the old version directory and opt in for overwriting the matching data.
Replace the /data/ folder with the previously saved /data/ folder from the old version.

Now its time to follow this step

Launch the upgrade script under Options > Integration Wizards > Migration from 1.4.7 to 1.5.0 beta.

And when I go to admin panbel URL to run Wizard, I get this message

Check file permissions

./cdata/ is not writable!

Check "chmod 755 cdata" or "chmod 775 cdata", or "chmod 777 cdata".

The problem is that /cdata/ directory doesnt exist nor it has ever existed on old 1.4.7 installation.

Does nyone know how do I get past this message to migrate 1.4.7 to 1.5.0?

i thought i had answered both of you with my previous post https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
changing that path would seem ok i think, altough i think that you could use this page caching also on the pages where you have CN include codes; And then you do need ./cutenews/data/comments.txt

Thanks. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
How do i use that caching on the pages with CN include codes?

like Newuser pointed out on line 7 you must change the path to comments.txt
the 2nd warning might be related to the first.

Can you please reply to my last post?

yes

It seems to be working, but how do I make sure?
By the way I have set filemtime path to ./data/comments.txt considering that comments.txt is located in the data directory within the same directory where index.php is, is it a correct path?

yep

Ok, so i have to simply add the code from post #7 before

<?PHP

/***************************************************************************
 CuteNews CutePHP.com

to my script's main index.php file(the one which opens admin login page)?

Hi,

The final code is the one from post #7?

Posts found: 12

Pages 1

CutePHP Forums → Posts by Newsuser

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.