Have you checked that your version of PHP is high enough?

Hi

I have started noticing this in my error logs on two sites on which I use identical installations of Cutenews v 2.0.3

11-Sep-2017 00:05:49 Europe/Dublin] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function word_truncate() in /**********/Publish/skins/base/dashboard/comments.php on line 16

The referenced line is:

echo '<a target="_blank" href="'.$item[3].'">'.cn_htmlspecialchars(clever_truncate($item[2]['c'])).'</a>';

This has only started happening recently. I have made no changes to the installations.

Anyone any info on this and how to avoid it?

Cheers !

Hi

Looking through the files in the v2.0.4 package, I note that many remain unchanged from those released in the v2.0.2 package.

Is it possible for you to provide a list of files changed in v2.0.4 that are different from those in v2.0.2

I ask this as I have incorporated many customisations to my v2.0.2 installation in many files and do not wish to lose the changes.

Knowing which files have actually changed will allow me to add my own changes where needed to the new files.

Many thanks
smile

(PS - your RSS feed does not work)

(1 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Why is there no response from admin to important issues raised on this forum??????

Hi, am using v 2.0.2.

The dashboard comments section does not show the IP of the commenter.

???

Support .... ?

Can someone who knows please provide a list of ALL changed files in version 2.0.3
(changes made from version 2.0.2 that is)

Github shows only 6 files as having been changed.

On uploading the 6 changed files, my installation of Cutenews fails to work - I just get an error.

I need a full list of changed files in v 2.0.3 so that I can merge the custom changes of my own files with the new.

Cheers!
https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

The following exploit has been found in Cutenews 2.0.3

https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/37474/

(0 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Hi

The option

$nocategory

does not work

I am using v2.0.2

Cheers

Hi

I am using a standard include on some of my pages :

$only_active=TRUE;
$template = "News";
$number = "10";
include("newsin/show_news.php");

I only want to show 10 news items. That works fine, but is followed underneath by an archive list of all archived items.

How do I prevent the list of archives from showing on these pages?

Rgds

(4 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

I've changed all the go back but I still get go back instead of the translation that I've put -.-

Anyway I'm using the go back call next to the full story title....are u sure it's going to work anyway changing the add comment??

EDIT: it worked translating Go Back in /core/news.php thanks for the help.
It's just so sad that dates can't be translated...see why I keep saying that it's not good as it was with people's hacks?! https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
Thanks again.

See under System Configuration/News:

Time format for news
view help for time formatting here

and change the date format to suit - help is available from the included link
http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Include the line

<div style="margin: 0 0 8px 0;"><font face="Arial" size="1">Tags: {tagline}</font></div>

after the full story code in both Active News and Full Story templates.

Change the font face/size to suit.

I am curious why none of my raised questions have been responded to.

Hi

Is there an 'official' list of changed files in version 2.0.2 in comparison with 2.0.1

Rgds

Hi

My search facility  with V 2.0.2 works fine and calls up the results OK.

However, below the results it always displays the earliest active news item.

The search code on the page is:

<?php 
$search_form_hide = true;
include('Publish/search.php'); ?>

<?php 
if ( isset($_REQUEST['dosearch'])  &&  $_REQUEST['dosearch'] = 'yes')
$search_form_hide= true; 
$template="blankwindow";
 include ("Publish/show_news.php"); ?>

How do I prevent this item from appearing?

To see a result. visit the page:
http://www.thetruth.ie/search.php
and enter the word Greyhound in the left hand box

Rgds

I had also experienced the 'white page' after both an upgrade and a fresh install.

Finally I discovered that despite using a standard ftp upload of the Cutenews files, some files had not been uploaded.

If you use Dreamweaver that can be an easy solution simply by synchronising (or visually comparing) each folder of Cutenews - you will then see the names of any files missing at the server end.

If you had uploaded using Dreamweaver to begin and do find missing files, use your cpanel or another ftp program to upload the missing files.

This may or may not be the cause of your white page.

Cutenews 2.0.1

Do NOT attempt to use the 'Change Category' option on any items located in your news archive.

Doing so will delete ALL archived news and I have been unable to find any hassle free method of recovering.

This issue was pointed out to the 'support' desk some time ago but has not been responded to.

The only way to recover the data is to delete ALL archive-related files in the news directory, then download the dated news content php files, create new stories for each item, then backdate it to original date.

Thanks Newsmedia.
I tried your advice. After registration the file "users.db.php" doesn't exist. I'm attaching a screenshot of cdata folder on server.
Anyway, i tired to create a new users.db.php" file and copy it into cdata folder but it doesn't work.
I tired too to copy user.db.php from cutenews-1.5.3 folder to cutenews-2.0.1 folder and doesn't work.

http://i.imgur.com/g6Sfotc.png

Yeah, they have changed the system in 2.01 and the data is contained in the conf file, which if changed locally and uploaded tends to 'lose' all settings, users, categories etc.
I know, I had to re-upload the whole damn thing and recreate all users and categories.

Try contacting support using the contact form available from the link at top of page - maybe they will respond

Ftp download the file users.db.php.
After the line <?PHP die("You don't have access to open this file !!!"); ?> write the following:

1334140000|1|admin_recovery_username|e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e|1234|your@
mail.somesite.com|0|||||
login: admin_recovery_username
password: 123456

After logging in enter Options -> Add/Edit Users and reset your password, then delete the user admin_recovery_username.

(2 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

as visitors will see from the lack of response and the continual untended barrage of spam to this forum, those behind Cutenews now appear to have abandoned it.

Make up your own minds on their integrity.

For several months I have been attempting to assist those now owning Cutenews in fixing errors on their script. I am an experienced user of this software.

My attempts to be of help have been ignored.

The latest problem I have located is as follows:

When managing news in the archive and attempting to perform a mass change of category of selected news items - the result is ALL news items are deleted - active and archived items.

The files containing the news remain in the cdata news and archives folders - so the problem is with the indexing.

In March I drew attention to a security issue regarding the comments section of this script.

This issue has not been addressed.

Why?

Is there anyway I can get my cute news to do something like the image i've attached it has to be possible and i'm just being stupid https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Read through the Usage docs.
You create a page to carry your news to display as and where you want it then add the include code.
Positioning of images in relation to text is done through the WYSIWYG editor.
Other news layout options such as positioning of links/headline etc may be done via the template used.

(20 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Found an Bug in core/db/coreflat.php - line 807/8

788:        $r = fopen($fn, 'r');
789:        $w = fopen($fk, 'w+');

[...]

807:        fclose($w);
808:        fclose($w);

one should be fclose($r);
right?

Can you specify what happens with:
1. the original code
2. When your own code is added

cheers

Is this resolved?
Again, it proved to be a cookie issue when I had the same issue.

Also check that the login details you are using do not contain any illegal characters and that your file permissions are correct.