I just downloaded 2.0.1, set up an admin account, and tried to log in. When I do, it says wrong password or username and when I try to recover, it says that user does not exist. Anyone know how to get around this?

In 2.0, is it possible to restrict specific additional fields to a certain category?

Is it possible to truncate article titles and/or stories in CuteNews 2.0? I currently use 1.4.6 and found a little hack to get this working. I love the new features in 2.0 but rely heavily on auto truncating of the text.

Dear User!

Please try opening the "news.txt" file and change the lines with news  according to your need.

I was hoping there would be a GUI way of doing this. I'm wanting the news editors who do not have access to these files to change the order.

Is there a hack for this?

Is it possible to reorder news? I made a few articles but want a new article to come before half of them.

Thanks for your help!

(61 replies, posted in News)

Dear users!

We're happy to introduce the latest version of СuteNews, 1.4.7. In this version, we have fixed a number of bugs and tried to take your suggestions into account.
CuteNews is now compatible with PHP 5.3+.

Most significant 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 changes:
* a number of bugs introduced in PHP 5.3+ have been fixed;
* admin interface webpages design has been modified;
* access rights for news editing actions have been added.

You can download the new version of СuteNews here.

Please feel free to report any bugs here.

No. Effing. Way.

Not to mention I just noticed an update for UTF-8 CuteNews is on its way!