Just another quick wish. I'd like to be able to do endnotes/footnotes with a quicklink and have them automatically numbered for me, with #name links both down to the reference, and back up to the top of the page.
I'd like a similar thing for a table of contents, although thats less hassle to do manually.

Just a thought...
K

coooool. nice one. smile

More wishes:

Neater HTML. I realise its probably not top priority, but there's some features I'd like to build in myself (some sort of CSS based theme management, v long term plan) and the HTML for the admin interface is simply getting in my way, cos of lots of unclosed tags, and unnecessary closures, things keep dissappearing and reappearing at random. Overall, I reckon dropping the tables and moving onto DIVs and more CSS is the way forward.

Extra vote for some ideas that already came up:

- Ability to save drafts.
- Ability to reorder articles.

Reckon both of these would need an extra field in the data. So, 'published' would either be yes or no and 'order' would be a number. Both settable from admin interface. (For the second one you'd need to be able to ensure that no two articles had the same number.) The bigger problem might be having to go back through all past articles and adding those fields. So, if its not already done, maybe a tip for the future would be to add in some development fields with dummy entries so you can do a find/replace on your data when adding functions.

Oh, and another one. You know the quick tag things, like [link] stuff [/link]. It'd be nice to have an interface to allow you to add to those, rather than have to dig into the code. Guess you'd have to shove the lot into a new file tho.

Finally:
Big vote for flat files. RESIST SQL! Keeping it simple has definitely got its niche, there's plenty of big complex projects out there, I'm using Mambo for something else, which is pretty good, but it takes ages just to learn the admin terminology, and then some of the stuff is buggy as a <--metaphor censored-->

So, thanks guys, really nice programme.