Ok, I do see this in the manage uploaded files in the options.

Problem is that multiple people will add the news and I don't want them to copy a link from that page and than paste it in the news.
Is there a way they could just "insert link to file" in the news from the add news page?

Thank you again

S

I added the pdf extension to the allowed extension in the advanced images_tools.php of the Advanced Images plug-in.

That makes visible the pdf file in the insert image pop-up but when I try to link to it it tells me that the image source is missing.

Is there a way/hack to add a default clickable thumb or another way to work around this issue?

thanks

Thanks I'm now able to upload pdf files https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

But now how do I link to them in the news?

The insert image tool does not show the pdf files, only the images...

Thank you again for the support

Hello,
I know problem has been already discussed,
but I need to find an easy solution to upload PDF and add a link to them in the news.

I haven't understood how to add the CKfinder plugin, is there an easier way to work around the CKeditor image uploader so that I can add pdfs and link to them?

Any help will be appreciated,

thanks

Did you managed this somehow? Please, let me know here or PM. Thank you

Didn't
Can't use latest version because I can't upgrade the server to PHP3.

Please admin tell me what I should change in core.php in order to make it work,

thank you

Great, I will check it ASAP. Thanks for your precious update.

Wich is the part that I should change,

if I change the whole core.php file I can't access cutenews anymore

Thanks

I am unable to sort it... Please help as soon as possible.

Check if your provider does provide a tool in your website admin panel to change writing permissions.

Thanks, that definitely helped me in finding out that setting permissions via FTP wasn't enough for my provider.
Problem solved!

I saw there's a new release,

I tried it and I always have the same problem,
form filled > go > back to empty form

http://www.sushidonia.com/cutenews/index.php

Is there a way I can go through this?

(20 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Can't proceed with installation. After having filled in the installation form a new empty form is loaded instead of logging in.

Doesn't work either,
will wait for stable version hoping it will come soon

I've tried,
downloaded a new pack, uploaded a new folder, set the access to 777,
filled in the form and I'm back to the same page with an empty form,
you can try, this is the page address:

http://www.sushidonia.com/cutenews/inde … n=register

Thanks

In no way I can go through the installation form,
any suggestions?

Thanks

Sorry to bother,
I tried with the new zip,
no more errors but when I fill the form and click go it loads the same page with an empty form,
you can check the same address as above

Skip these floating windows and move to this page  http://www.sushidonia.com/cutenews/inde … n=register.

thanks, but still get an empty page after having filled the registration form

I'm trying to sort it out, but can't,

it seems that dirname gives back a wrong path,

any suggestion?

the svn folder was never supposed to be in the zip.
As it's pontless. It appears they've uploaded a new zip file without the cdata folder.

You can always manually make the folder on your ftp drive it should be created in the same location where you have the inc folder and the sow_news.php file.
Then check "chmod 755 cdata" or "chmod 775 cdata", or "chmod 777 cdata".

I did create the folder, but installation doesn't proceed as I've explained here

https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42825

The installation archive of 1.5.0 contains a cdata folder with one .svn folder and files in it.
Did you upload it?

Not in the one I've installed

Hi all,
it's not the first time I use Cute News,
first time with a 1.5 version,
it asks for a directory (cdata) that it has to be manually created,
when going to next step after having checked the... nothings happens, page is empty,
it seems that it can't find the files as you can see, it writes wrongly the domain name:

sushidoniacom/.......  instead of sushidonia.com/.....

---

those are the errors:

Warning: include_once(D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenews/cdata/config.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenewscoreinit.php on line 83

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenews/cdata/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:phpincludes') in D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenewscoreinit.php on line 83

Warning: opendir(D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenews/cdata/plugins) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenewscorecore.php on line 647

Warning: file(D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenews/cdata/cache/conf.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenewscoreinit.php on line 94

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in D:Inetpubwebssushidoniacomcutenewscoreinit.php on line 94

---

This is the page online

What should I do?

Thank you all