OMG I have a REALLY good idea.  At least it's a good idea in my opinion.  There should be different commenting options like: Only allow comments on news that is newer than (and then different options: 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, etc...).  Or an option like: Only allow comments on news from the first page or something.  I think that would help prevent spambots.  Yes, spambots could still spam up the recent news, but it easier to delete just a little bit than delete a lot of random crap from the whole thing.  I really think it would help for those who don't like captcha.

I agree. Everytime I've tried to install the captcha, it messes up my cutenews. Just have it built in.

Yes definitely a built-in Captcha.  I can install it properly by following directions, but everyone gets that stupid "go back and enter correct characters."  Only a few people can get it to work.  I get that problem a lot at others as well.  I wish it could work on all browsers all the time https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif