Same problem here. Very annoying.

[Edit] Just read a different thread about news becoming "unapproved" after an admin edits it. I just checked and saw I had 3 unapproved articles - when I never use the approve feature.
These are most likely the articles I tried editing before. You should check to see if you have any unapproved news as well.

In the file ./inc/options.php try after the line
$value = $_REQUEST['edit_'.$name];
paste the line

$value = (ini_get('magic_quotes_gpc')) ? stripslashes($value) : $value;

Thanks, I'll try this out when I get home.
Removing all instances of \" from the template file seemed to fix the issue for me, but this might be a better solution.

Also, anyone want to ban this Donovan spammer?

If you are using Cutenews 1.5, you might be having the same problem I had (https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42921)

In your default.tpl file, find and replace all " with "

Every time you edit the template, it puts those backslahes in there which break things.

Yup, they are where they should be. It's strange, I have installed CuteNews a bunch of times now in different places, and sometimes the emoticons show, and sometimes they don't...

Do you mean the "Content Management Powered by CuteNews" text?
It is actually made to align in the centre of its containing element, at the end of the news.

If anyone knows how to change this, I'd be interested to know as well!

Excellent, this fixed the problem! Thanks.

Not sure why, but even though every " in the whole template was \", it was only the comment and page pagination part that was broken..

Now for some reason the smiles are showing as "smile wink wassat" etc instead of the actual smiley.. but that's another problem..

So I downloaded (what I assume is) a newer version of 1.5 from here https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/downloads (download zip) and installed this in a new location and set up my templates again.

The pagination links now work correctly, however I am still not able to format them at all (I did not mention this in my post previously).
In Cutenews 1.47 I am able to put the pagination inside a <div> to match the format of my website. I cannot do this in 1.5.

So I downloaded (what I assume is) a newer version of 1.5 from here https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/downloads (download zip) and installed this in a new location and set up my templates again.

This time the comment form looks a bit better - the Name and Email fields are fixed, but the textfield and submit button are still broken. It also appears below the news article as it should do.

I thought about doing that too, but it is annoying having to use an older version when there is supposed to be a new and "improved" version..

Could anyone give me an update on this? I'm just sitting here with a website that is almost ready to go and can't go any further until this page thing is fixed..

Mugen Racer, did you get the comment form working? It seems to look OK on your website.
Could you tell how you got it working?

Excellent news, does this mean a new version will be released soon? When can I expect to download it?

Hello,

Here's another one;

Pages are not working. Where I should see the number of pages, instead I just see the text {pages}
To make sure it wasn't something in my code, I made a brand new installation of CuteNews 1.5 in another directory and tested with the example2 template.
The only modification I made was adding $pages = "2"; in example2.php and added some news to get some pages showing.

It still showed {pages}. (see example) How can this be happening on a fresh install with no changes made? Wouldn't this mean it's broken for everyone?

Hi guys,

is possible display "Read more" link if the full story is NOT empty ?
Currently, i have added to my template the following code:

<span class="readmore">[link]read more[/link]</span>

but the link is displayed in all news, though the full story is empty.

I'm not sure if I understand your question completely, but you use the [full-link] [/full-link] tags (not [link] ) to link to the full story. The link will only appear if there actually is a full story.

For some reason the comment function is broken on my website.
Note that  I have not modified the "Comment" or "Comment Form" templates at all.

The problems are:

1) Comment form is broken. As you can see from the image below, some characters appear before and after what should be your username and email. The textarea is not the correct size, and the Submit button is not there at all, so I'm not even able to test it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/8428/commentform.jpg

2) The comment form appears above the news. Maybe this the intended behaviour, but is there a way to change it? By appearing above the news, it completely breaks my website. I saw someone had made a hack that aparently lets you move it, but this was for an older version of cutenews so I can't use it.

Hello,

I've just started setting up my website with CuteNews for the first time, and so far it's been real easy and I've got it working with my website nicely.

I am using a whole lot of additional fields (17 in total) that the Editor fills in when making the news (the data is used to display a table along with the news). The problem is this makes the Add News page look real bad, as all the fields are just stacked one after the other and all bunched to the left with no formatting. See this screenshot, and imagine 17 of those.. It would looks much better if I could have some fields side by side to fill up that white space, and arrange them nicely.

I have looked through all the CuteNews files trying to find a way to edit the way the Add News page (addnews.php?) looks, but could not find anything.
Looking through the forums I found some things that may or may not have helped - xfields and a hack by FUNimations, but these all appear to be for an older version of CuteNews

The fields work very well, and everything displays correctly in the actual news article - it is just the Add News page that i would like to edit. Is this possible?