I want to update the CKeditor.
I'm using version 2.1.2 of CN. The help/about page is not working. What is the version of the CKeditor in this version of CN?
I have found a directory with the name ckeditor in the directory core.
I want to update to version 5 (CKeditor 5). Simply replace the files is not working.
...I want to upload video's too, so that I can use them in the messages.

<video></video> is working perfect but it is easier using the editor if possible.
With images there are no problems.

Thansk for an answer,
Frans

found the solution...change http of the url's into https. (first 2 URL's in system configuration)

The toolbar of the CKEditor is not visible and all html code in the news item is visible...it seems that there was no swtich to the CKEditor. In systemconfiguration the use of the CKEditor was vinked.

Frans
version 2.1.1 although help/about and the inlogsreen says 2.1.0.

What have you done to fix the error? ...here the same problem. The option bar is not visible and all html code in the item is visible.

Found: I've updated the URL's in systemconfiguration. HTTP --> HTTPS

problem with the edited news is solved bij using <span style...></span> instead of <p style...></p> in the template. I forgot to mention that I switched to de CKEditor which places <p></p> around the text.

I did the same with version 2.1.1 ...
The line Powered by CuteNews 2.1.0 is still the same and not changed to 2.1.1 (inlog screen, help/about)

I've edited 2 active news items and the template seems not to work, Title and Date are oke but the news (short story) is wrong, it has the wrong format (font, color). All not edited news is oke. What's wrong?

There are 3 files in cdata/news starting with cache_A2. One has the name cache_A2.txt. Can I remove them?

Thanks for an reaction.

Frans

I unzipped version 2.1.0, copied the directories cdata and uploads from the server to the local directory and then I copied everything from local to the server. Everything seems to work. Is this the good way?

I'm using version 2.0.4 and want to install version 2.1.0. What must I do without losing the templates, news and the uploads?

Nobody? ...I'm using CuteNews with several websites and most of the time it works fine but sometimes I got that message. It seems independent of the website and it seems that it is something inside CuteNews.????

Sometimes I got the message "no entries to show" on the webpage. This is for one category, the other category works fine. If I edit a message in the wrong category, without doing something it works and the messages are shown. ???

(2 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Thank you for a quick response..i followed the steps mentioned in your email and it works fine.  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

(2 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Via the page cutephp.com i followed the instructions for purchasing a licence....how do i login via client login? I have an email with data of the order but i can't find any username and/or password. I didn't have to give them during the purchase. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Dear all,
I want to add a user but get the message that the username already exist. It's not in the list below...
Earlier I've added a user with the same username but I deleted that one. So I think the deletion is not alright????

Thanks for your help,
Frans

version 2.0.3 on a windows vista system.

(3 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

You will find it in skins>base>defaullts>templates.tpl

<small>News powered by CuteNews - https://cutephp.com</small>

Thats not the line I get and I use my own templates. I get the line "Powered by CuteNews". The word "CuteNews" has a link and is bigger than the words "Powered by".
Where are the templates stored?

Nobody? ...I just want to change the font!

The credit line has now 2 different font sizes. The words "Powered by" are small and the word "Cutenews" with the link is bigger.
How can I make these words in the same font-size? I want the font Verdana with font-size 12 pt or 8 pt.

Thanks,
Frans

I write the news in 2 languages and I use 2 templates for each language. In system confugiration the month-list gives the month in dutch...thats oke but I wanna use english names for the months for the messages in english. In the template I use {month} which take the months from the month-list which are in dutch...is there a way to overrule the dutchnames for the months in a template?

I solved the problem by using {date} in the templates for the english news. {date} takes the date and time from the system which is in english. In system confugiration you can set the php variables for time and date...so problem solved.

I write the news in 2 languages and I use 2 templates for each language. In system confugiration the month-list gives the month in dutch...thats oke but I wanna use english names for the months for the messages in english. In the template I use {month} which take the months from the month-list which are in dutch...is there a way to overrule the dutchnames for the months in a template?

(26 replies, posted in News)

Thanks for the updates...first it doesn't work (PHP 5.2, die) but upgrading the PHP to version 5.3 solved the problem.

I took a look at show_archives.php
Found the line:

echo "[url=]".date("d M Y", $info['min']) ." – ".date("d M Y", $info['max'])." ([b]$count[/b])[/url]
";

and changed it in

echo "[url=]".date("Y", $info['max'])."[/url] bevat ".$count." items.
";

works fine ! https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I've installed the latest version of CuteNews...works very fine.
I've made an archive of the news of 2013 and use show_archive to show the archives.
I wanna change the title of an archive...it is now the start date with the end date.

How van I change the title of an archive?

Thanks in advance!!

Frans

I switched back to 1.5.3...I will test 2.0 on my local server and come back with remarks.

Where are the templates stored??????
I've placed my templates in the folder cdata and cdata/template. I also made a new one by cloning and I can't find the file????????????

In Cutenews 2.0, the template manager located at 'Templates' section. Select a template and click 'Reset' button (the system template only), or delete and re-create the template in the manager.

I switched back to 1.5.3...I will test 2.0 on my local server and come back with remarks.

Try reset template

How?...where can i find the templates?..in cdata/ are the old ones and cdata/templates is empty. If i make a new one i can't find the file but the name is on the pull down list. I did a search with filezilla on the folder CuteNews where the files are stored. If I select the freshly made template I've got the same problem....

This issue has been fixed. Update the CN 2.0 from github.

nop...same problem.  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif