It was a bug in CuteNews 1.5.0. We've corrected it by the commit on github - https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/...efba83d7f88d5b0

How do i update my cutenews files then? Is this update applied to the latest version of cutenews available on the main homepage?

hi,
In the older versions of cutephp i used this trick to call news on a different page e.g I am displaying lots of news from different categories on the website and whenever I click on them I want it to show the full story on a separate page. Please check kashmirwatch.com for example. Whenever you click on their article it opens on a new page. In the older versions of cutenews (before 1.5) I used this trick.

Code on the homepage to show the headlines with short story

<?PHP

$PHP_SELF= 'articles.php';
$QUERY_STRING = 'var1news=value1news';
$template = "Headlines";
$number=2;
$category="4";
include("admin/show_news.php");
?>

I want to show the full story on articles.php so i used the following script on articles.php page.

<?PHP
$PHP_SELF = 'articles.php';
$QUERY_STRING = 'var1news=value1news';
$template = "Headlines";
$number=1;
$category="4";
include("admin/show_news.php");
?>

In CuteNews 1.5, it breaks the whole layout and shows multiple articles. Basically please teach me how to call the full story on a separate page.

(25 replies, posted in News)

Dear Users!

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions. Please bear in mind that CuteNews 1.5.0 is still in its beta stage. Our programmers are diligently working to rectify all the issues and we hope to add the necessary plug-ins in the foreseeable future.

I have a very strong suggestion for Cutenews team. I have been using the CMS since a long time now and I love it. There is just a little small issue with it. All the news articles are stored on a flat file and eventually your file size increases so much that your server fails to read that file since there is a flat file size limit.

What you should do is that you either give an option of shifting your database to MYSQL (that would be just awesome and there are so many people out there who wants that) or CuteNews should create more than one flat files to save the data. For example if news.txt file reaches 10mb, it automatically create news2.txt and when news2.txt reaches 10mb it automatically creates news3.txt.

You know better than me and im sure you guys can come up with a solution. I haven't been able to use CuteNews on big projects because of this issue. CuteNews.ru converted cutenews into a MYSql version. Thats a brilliant idea and I think its you guys should convert it to MySQL.

Posts found: 3

Pages 1

CutePHP Forums → Posts by ganich

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.