Mattt07 wrote:

Hi Support Team,

I've tested with your updates.

No error PHP but many problems.

The website is too long to load (3x more than the version 2.0.2).

I use your code (related news) :look what you made me do lyrics and when a news is shown, sometimes there is a blank link with the date 1 January 1970. No problem on 2.0.2

So, I've re-upload version 2.0.2 // note : when I upload old files, I've to clean the cookies in my browser so as to have the website online, if not, the page is all blank. Maybe a problem with cookies in the new version ? don't know...

Could you fix this two problem ?

Best regards.

Сould you kindly provide more details on the error.

1. Does the website take more time to load while just displaying news without filtering or when choosing tags, searching or something similar? If the site takes more time to load while displaying news with no filter and there are a lot of news items there, then it is due to the fact that we decided not to use Meta-indexes anymore, since they ruined pagination. If it turns out that it hapens for that reason, we will we will add caching

Can you also give us the number of news items together with archives you currently have?

2. What kind of blank page do you receive, how and where from?
Where exactly do you see the date 1 January 1970 displayed?

yokesi wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm new to Cutenews so I don't know if this is a new issue that didn't appear in older versions. I've done in my website, still in localhost, the following include from cutenews:

<?php /*Here we decide what page to include*/ happy wheels

if ($_GET['search']){
include ("blog/search.php");
}
elseif ($_GET['do'] == 'archives'){
include ("blog/show_archives.php");
}
elseif ($_GET['do'] == "stats"){
echo "You can download the stats addon and include it here to show how many news, comments ... you have";
// include("$path/stats.php");
}
else{
$template = "my_template";
$number = 3;
include("blog/show_news.php");
}
?>

In my browser the posts display correctly using the layout I've designed in "my_template". As you can see I've choosen to show only 3 posts per page but there are more of them so I expect to see pagination controls (prev, ext, etc) beeing displayed somewhere in the page . The problem is that they aren't. They aren't displayed even using default template.
I don't know if I have to add some extra line of coding to achieve this, include pagination somehow or if I'm missing something. Does someone have any idea of what's happening? Thanks.

The template should have a Pagination tab containing

<p align="center">[prev-link]<< Previous[/prev-link] {pages} [next-link]Next >>[/next-link]</p>

Also check System Configuration/News and make sure Pagination is not disabled.
It did not work for me (v2.0.1) - when the Next arrow was clicked, it just refreshed the page without showing the next page of items.

Likewise there is an issue with the Comments section in V2.0.1 which I have tried to draw attention of the script authors to in a separate post.

(26 replies, posted in News)

Support_Team wrote:

Dear Users!

CuteNews has been updated to 2.0.3, the download link is available at instagram video downloader.

In this release, we've fixed some bugs and improved the algorithms. The most notable improvement is that now news can be extracted only by indexes, which means that the problem with pagination is fixed.

To migrate from Cutenews 2.0.2 to 2.0.3, you need to perform the following steps:

1. Traditionally, you need to back up your files.
2. Delete all files belonging to CuteNews, except for the cdata and uploads
folders.
3. Upload the new files of the latest CuteNews release using FTP/SSH or dashboard.

That is all required to migrate from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3.

Congratulations to the cutenews support team for their great achievements. I will thanks to the support team for sharing the valuable information.

(61 replies, posted in News)

saxar wrote:

Dear users!

We're happy to introduce the latest version of СuteNews, 1.4.7. In this version, we have fixed some bugs.
CuteNews is now compatible with PHP 5.3+.

Most significant 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 changes: madalin stunt cars 2
* replacement of obsolete functions ereg and eregi;
* changed markup of forms for adding and editing news in Administration Control Panel;
* added new procedure for checking user rights to massactions mod.

You can download the new version of СuteNews

Please feel free to report any bugs here.

I tried to upgrade and it was worthless. I lost everything except the header and footer. I had to terminate the account and then restore from a daily backup. I have way too much invested to start over again. Although maybe good for a new install, it's a worthless upgrade, and shouldn't be referred to as an "upgrade" smile