same thing here..
i tried it on a other host (there it works) but on the one i realy need is no way to get it workin (white screen after uploading a image and there was no thumbnail created). plus on the other host where it works is a error message "
Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20087 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web7/html/cutenews/data owned by uid 0 in /srv/www/htdocs/web7/html/cutenews/inc/images.mdu on line 327

Warning: opendir(data/watermark): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/web7/html/cutenews/inc/images.mdu on line 327

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /srv/www/htdocs/web7/html/cutenews/inc/images.mdu on line 328
"
maybe it have something to do with "opendir" function ?!?

+ thanks for all the good work FI-DD !!

Maybe FI-DD or someone with supreme knowledge could shed some insight as to why we can't get thumbs to work?

I have 1.4.1 and have overwritten the 3.0 images.mdu file, added the watermark folder, and added thumbs folders.  That's it... and everything works except:

thumbs.

If I select an image to upload and click "upload" it just presents me with a blank template page... but upon examining the upimages folder, the picture was saved, but no thumb was created.  Because no thumb is created, I can't even see a listing of the images.

Basically, thumbs don't work in the slightest, and that impedes the ability for anything else to work.