Re: Advanced image module for CuteNews

In images.mdu delete this: window.close();

Has anyone else who installed this script received the following error when trying to insert images?

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/medican1/public_html/news/inc/images.mdu on line 97

I also get this error now when I click on Options > Manage Uploaded Images? I'm just wondering if someone has had to work through the same issue?

Thanks
-Superwilly

In images.mdu delete this: window.close();

your a super star... well done man

much better for doing photo galleries

www.conconnolly.com/gallery.php

129 (edited by 2006-03-24 14:29:39)

Request of two new features:

1) There should be a method to update all news when I change the Category of an image that was already published.

2) If I have an image which is little than thumbnail size, the thumbnail must be the same image.

There is an error as stated by the xhtml validator:
This is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional
-> value of attribute "ALIGN" cannot be "NONE"; must be one of "TOP", "MIDDLE", "BOTTOM", "LEFT", "RIGHT".

Thank you!

Camillo

Just wondering, how can I make pop up open in a specific window, so I can customize that window?
I think my be if i change the php-self for the destination window, but i so bad at php ....
Any idea?

And I was just wondering if there is a way to make the thumbnail appear in a different column to the news?

i.e.
column 1 - show thumbnail
column 2 - show news item

Whereas at the moment when you click "insert image" the only option is to insert it into the news item itself. Whereas a 2 column layout would look much neater.

132 (edited by 2006-03-25 16:04:54)

Thumb Path Not Correct on my News Page

I'm having a problem getting the image to display with the Advanced Image improvement. It's all good except for the path that gets generated on my news page.

I get a broken thumbnail:

[code][img]data/upimages/thumbs/mythumb.jpg[/img]</div><!--ec2-->

instead of

[code][img]cutenews/data/thumbs/mythumb.jpg[/img]</div><!--ec2-->

BTW clicking the broken image does display the large version correctly.

Sorry for the double post. I've never used the INvision Power Board before....

And I was just wondering if there is a way to make the thumbnail appear in a different column to the news?

i.e.
column 1 - show thumbnail
column 2 - show news item

Whereas at the moment when you click "insert image" the only option is to insert it into the news item itself. Whereas a 2 column layout would look much neater.

What about this:

<table>
<tr>
<td>image</td>
<td>text</td>
</tr>
</table>

Thumb Path Not Correct on my News Page

I'm having a problem getting the image to display with the Advanced Image improvement. It's all good except for the path that gets generated on my news page.
I get a broken thumbnail:

Please read this very thread. The solution is in here.

Would it not make sense to post a new images.mdu with the 'fixes', or does the included images.mdu work as is for versions earllier than 1.4.1. If yes, then perhaps it would be a good idea to post two versions of images.mdu specific to what ver. of CuteNews one uses?

You can download my edited version that works with CuteNews 1.4.1.

Download

The included images.mdu works with 1.4.1 if you use example1.php or example2.php or if your news page is in the same folder as those two example files.

If your news page is outside the main cutenews folder (as in your case) it only works with the fix.

What about this:

<table>
<tr>
<td>image</td>
<td>text</td>
</tr>
</table>

Hey FI-DD, so...where do you sugest that code must be insert? I mean if is in Template I think that you must need some code like {image} as {title} etc etc etc etc

see iu around

Put it directly in the short story/full story.  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Put it directly in the short story/full story.  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

mmmmm well I don't follow you.....  I think he was talking on a way to put text and image in 2 columns directly when you insert the news. So I asume that is must be done or in the template or some code that make images go to a column directly when you insert.

BTW do you have time to read my post about open images when thumb are clicked, on a diferent window other than "php_self" ?

See iu

Yes. I mean I want ALL "short story" news items to be in a two column format. As I have 6 licenses (5 of which are for clients) I do not want to have to start telling clients that they have to insert table when adding news code to format their news this way.

What I need is a way to make the CN installations format in two columns automatically for the short story.

To see exactly what I mean, go to: http://www.unhabitat.org/

140 (edited by 2006-03-27 13:09:00)

You can use the avatar for that.
I made a little hack some time ago which makes it possible to select an avatar through the image module.

When I showed off this great addition to cuteNews to my associate he immediately asked how do you 'hyperlink' the inserted image.

I had to agree that switching to code view and manually inserting a <a href= wouldn't work for all authors....

Does anybody agree it would be a useful option for the Insert Image or Insert Photo ability (not Insert Clickable Thumb)

When I showed off this great addition to cuteNews to my associate he immediately asked how do you 'hyperlink' the inserted image.

I had to agree that switching to code view and manually inserting a <a href= wouldn't work for all authors....

Does anybody agree it would be a useful option for the Insert Image or Insert Photo ability (not Insert Clickable Thumb)

Yes.
The image should be associated with a special tag, which can be formatted conveniently for visualization.
It should be useful to put a reference to an image instead of creating the html code, so the image could also be moved in another folder without problems.

Another feature requested: the possibility to create thumbnails of images without them.
I usually do this: upload my images directory via ftp in the "\data\upimages" dir.
Then I want to pick those images and insert them in an article to create a sort of gallery.

Another feature requested: the possibility to create thumbnails of images without them.
I usually do this: upload my images directory via ftp in the "\data\upimages" dir.
Then I want to pick those images and insert them in an article to create a sort of gallery.

Open images.mdu and find this:

foreach ($images_in_dir as $file) {

add below:

//Add missing thumbs
    if(!file_exists($config_path_image_upload.'/thumbs/'.$file))
    make_thumb($config_path_image_upload.'/'.$file, $config_path_image_upload.'/thumbs/'.$file, '150', 'normal');
    //Add missing thumbs

144 (edited by 2006-04-03 13:45:06)

first... great work!! thanks for this module.

I have a small question:
i changed the server of web page and i changed all the settings for cutenews for new url.

all the images are ok in editor and on the web page. Problem is, when i want to upload new images, i get this message in "manage images" section:

Warning: getimagesize(): Unable to access ./data/upimages/avtodiagnostika_avtodiagnostika/thumbs/omer_maxi30c.jpg in /home/pnews/izdelki/inc/images.mdu on line 450

Warning: getimagesize(./data/upimages/avtodiagnostika_avtodiagnostika/thumbs/omer_maxi30c.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pnews/izdelki/inc/images.mdu on line 450

The problem is: "/home/pnews/izdelki/inc/images.mdu " is the url from previous server. Now it's just "/izdelki/inc/images.mdu "

Because images.mdu is from your module, i would like to know what i forgot to change https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif and where. i am looking for it for the whole day!

To use images with spaces in filename.

in images.mdu:

locate:

&lt;img height=&#039;50px&#039; style=&#039;border:0px;&#039; src=&quot;.$config_path_image_upload.&quot;/thumbs/&quot;.$file.&quot;&gt;

replace with:

&lt;img height=&#039;50px&#039; style=&#039;border:0px;&#039; src=&quot;.$config_path_image_upload.&quot;/thumbs/&quot;.rawurlencode($file).&quot;&gt;

URL Getting Stripped?!
I've run into this before and fixed it but forgot where it was goldarnit'.

http://mysite.com/cutenews/data/upimages/mypic.jpg

gets stripped upon publishing to

/data/upimages/mypic.jpg

Where did the http://mysite.com/cutenews go?!

Can we have a multiple image upload at once?
With a multiple selection option?

Thanks,
Camillo

Update Version 3.0:
- Watermark (text)
- Watermark (image)
- Create thumbs for already existing images.
- Fixed the image path bug (hopefully).

You can download it in the first post or here.

Update Version 3.0:
- Watermark (text)
- Watermark (image)
- Create thumbs for already existing images.
- Fixed the image path bug (hopefully).

You can download it in the first post or here.

quick one there FI-DD. I have recently purchases licences for the few versions of cutenews that i have and upgraded to 1.4.1 but i have one little problem. You module will not work with wysig editior turned on. it wont even work if i check view source. i have to totally turn it off before i can insert any form of an image. any ideas on what i can do?

version 3 looks sav tho!

also!! whats a true type font?? and do i upload a gif water mark yes?

You module will not work with wysig editior turned on. it wont even work if i check view source.

Well, of course I tested it with wysiwyg turned on and it was working fine for me. I'm afraid, I can't help you. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

also!! whats a true type font??

That's a font file (.ttf). Check out c:\windows\fonts on your computer and you will find a lot of them.

and do i upload a gif water mark yes?

Gif, jpg and png images should work.