Topic: Problem with Avatar in CuteNews 1.5.2

Hi, everybody. I need some help with the lastest version of CuteNews.

When I'm posting news, the avatar is now being automatic generated by CuteNews as a new image file.
Every new post is creating a new file for the same avatar.
For example, my official avatar is saved as "/avatar/shadow.gif" in a fold of my site.
When I post news although in avatar box I put "/avatar/shadow.gif" as the default avatar url, this avatar is automaticaly substituted with a new image created by CuteNews as "/cutenews/uploads/433dd2a7aef42ece8d3b156c79096290.jpeg".

Anybody know how to change it? I want to have the same avatar in all the news, because when I want to change the avatar official file, it will affect all them.

Re: Problem with Avatar in CuteNews 1.5.2

I am having the same problem. Any time I make a post instead of posting the avatar from the URL I specify it tries to "upload" an image and then gives me some random ass assortment of letters and numbers for the avatar. I have searched high and low in both these forum and the rest of the internet to find a solution and I cannot.

I am running CuteNews 1.5.3

Alright, so I think I might have it figured out why I'm having this problem. I have CuteNews in my directory as website.com/cutenews but the page it it showing up on is website.com/index.php?id=home so it is trying to pull images from website.com/uploads instead of website.com/cutenews/uploads.

Buuuuuut, even when I click on an image in the website.com/cutenews/index.php?mod=images it takes me to website.com/uploads/image.jpg instead of trying to pull up the image where the program itself has stored it in website.com/cutenews/uploads/image.jpg. Why is cutenews not trying to pull these images from where CuteNews has been installed? Also, why when I give it an image URL does it upload a new image instead of just effing using the URL i provide it with.......?

4 (edited by 2013-04-09 05:39:46)

Figured out the problem:

I had not changed the " Full URL to CuteNews directory" so it was trying to save images to the wrong place, as well as pull them from the wrong place. (To the original poster, go to your system configuration and the first option is to change " Full URL to CuteNews directory" so just make sure you aim it to where the cutenews folder is on your website and everything should work perfectly for you after that.)