(5 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Thanks for this info Damoor, unfortunately in 1.5.3 CKEditor doesn't appear to have a file "ckeditor skins>base_skin>index_cke.tpl"  I've looked in the directories but can't find this file.

This is exactly how I am using it and it works well.  My only question was that the short story text window is greater than the amount of text I want to put into it.  I could fill the window but that would be overkill for the articles that get created by users.  As a result we get a 20 line window with three lines of text in it.  I was wondering if there was a user settable parameter or code variable that I could change to alter the size of the window.

I am running Cutenews 1.5.3, and am using the sample code to include the latest news item on the front page of my website, which it does very well.  However where the short story is only 3/4 lines long there is a lot of white space below the Short Story text.  There will not always enough text to fill the available space.  Can anybody suggest where in the options or code the  parameters are set to define the size of the Short Story window.

Thanks in advance

Anybody got any suggestions to resolve the Captcha issue (ie it doesn't appear to work) in 1.5.3 maybe Wordpress, Flatpress will solve it ?

I have checked the solution suggested by NewsMedia :

"Have you checked that your hosting company has enabled gd on their server? Without it most captcha systems will not work.
To check if it is enabled, create a new info.php file, insert the code:
<? phpinfo(); ?>
save it to your server and then open it with your browser. Look through the displayed php information for a section entitled gd"

My server has GD enabled so back to the code or the cookies question.

This problem is annoying me...  I have looked at the code and as a Noob am happy to be corrected.......

The piece of code in "core/com/allow_add_comment.php" that I think checks the generated Captcha word against the user entered word is

if ($captcha != $_SESS['CSW'] && $config_use_captcha && $captcha_enabled)
    {   
        echo '<div class="blocking_posting_comment">'.lang('Wrong captcha').'! &#039;.lang(&#039;Refresh&#039;).&#039;</div>';
        add_to_log($ip, 'Attack to captcha');
        return FALSE;

}

$captcha holds the user input, $config_use_captcha and $captcha_enabled both hold values of 1.

I think this "$_SESS['CSW']" is the variable that holds the machine generated Captcha word, however when it gets here it doesn't contain anything (I think), hence it can only match the user entered Captcha if the user doesn't enter a value.  Where did it get lost ??

Thoughts, assistance, more code ?????

Hi, how did you resolve this issue.  I have tried to add a comment to your site and failed.  I assume I am banned for not being an approved user.  I have a similar issue with a site I am working on and would be keen to understand the reolution.

I have installed Cutenews 1.5.3 and have noticed an issue I don't understand re the news editor.  I have selected the CKEditor option ( I have used it in other products ie Confluence the Atlassian wiki).  What I have observed is that after a time, and currently I am testing and evaluating Cutenews, the editor seems to default to the standard editor from CKEditor the time isn't significant ie less than an hour and it reverts in this window.  Resetting the configuration to non CKEditor saving the changes, and then setting it to CKEditor and saving the changes sets the News Editor to CKEditor until it reverts at a later time.

So what am I missing, is this a bug or a by design behaviour, is there a setting I haven't used ?

Thoughts.

(1 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Ohhps very Noobie, I have now noticed that when adding a story you can opt to add a long story and a short version of the same story.....  Which works..

John

(1 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

I am a Noob at CuteNews and whilst much of the program (Cutenews 1.5.3) is intuitive some bits for me anyway aren't.  When I created my test site I posted a number of test articles as you do, some short, some medium and some very long, they all posted and were readable.  However with the extremely long posts I had an expectation that it would truncate after 10 or 15 lines giving the reader to the option to"Read More" if they wanted to.  They don't on my version.  I searched the forum and there are a number of hacks for this feature for earlier versions of Cutenews, and references to "Short Story" in the latest release but no where can I find any reference to how it should work. 

So my questions are:

1.  Should it work out of the box using the default templates

2.  Is this a user configurable tick box setting that I have missed.

3.  Is there a different template I need to use.

4.  Do I need to hack the code in some way.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can render.

John

I have installed the latest version of CuteNews (1.5.3), and think it is a very nice program. 

However currently when adding comments to a post the program fails to recognise the Captcha word giving the user the words "Wrong captcha! Refresh" on a new page.  Clicking refresh gives a message box from Firefox saying that you need to resend the data.  The only way to get back to the Comments page is to use the back button.

Interestingly if you do not enter anything in the Captcha box but just fill in the comments box and click Add Comment, the comment gets added to the news post.

So I have a problem:

1.  The Captcha box is on the page but is not working as it should.

I haven't tried using Captcha anywhere else (new users etc) so can't comment if the behavior is the same.

Any thoughts, or is this how it is supposed to work ????

John

(6 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Did you get this problem get resolved ?