Topic: Individual category x pagination

Hello,

Well, I don't know how to call this, but here is what's happening to me with cn 1.5.3:

When I'm browsing an individual category (ex: /index.php?cid=20) and trying to get on the another page it generates this url "/index.php?start_from=5&ucat=20," but it suddenly shows all articles instead of just the articles that are in the choosen category. But when I rewrite the url to "/index.php?start_from=5&cid=20" it works fine.

So what should I do? It's something wrong with the categories or the pagination?

Re: Individual category x pagination

Could you show your PHP include code here? Thanks.

Do you mean this?

<?PHP
$number=5;
$only_active=TRUE;
include("news2/show_news.php");
?>

I'm sorry for DP BUT I just tried to update my CN with the files from github and it still doesn't work.

The url "/index.php?ucat=..." simply doesn't work for me, anyone know how to fix it, please?

Hello sorry for the late reply,

First of all if you are displaying your news as individual category, you should include a $category to your include code. Add this,

<?PHP
$number=5;
$only_active=TRUE;
$category = "20";
include("news2/show_news.php");
?>

Where $category is the category ID for the category you wish to display. Give this a try and get back to me.

I have the same issue. Anybody could help us?

test

I've found a solution.

open core/com/allow_active_news.php

replace line 155 with:

$URL = $PHP_SELF . build_uri('category,start_from,archive,subaction,id:comm_start_from', array($ucat, $prev, $url_archive, $subaction, $id));

replace line 178 with:

$URL = $PHP_SELF . build_uri('category,start_from,archive,subaction,id:comm_start_from', array($ucat,$pages_start_from,$url_archive,$subaction,$id));

replace line 198 with:

$URL = $PHP_SELF . build_uri('category,start_from,archive,subaction,id:comm_start_from', array($ucat, $i, $url_archive, $subaction, $id));

I'm having the same problem with the pagination by categories, but I have cutenews 2.0 and all solutions are for previous versions. Someone can help me?

I'm having the same problem with the pagination by categories, but I have cutenews 2.0 and all solutions are for previous versions. Someone can help me?

I went to create a page that contains only an individual category news and it seems to work fine. I am using CuteNews 2.0.

Can you post your PHP code here for me to see?

My code:

<?PHP
   $PHP_SELF ="cutenews/example.php";
   $category ="1";
   include("cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

I was doing some tests and the pagination by categories problem just happens when I use "rewrite engine". When this option is turned off everything works perfectly.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → Individual category x pagination