Topic: Plugins.

So, all the plugins are listed on the websites front page for download.  Thats great. However, there are no descriptions to anything, if you want to know what a plugin does or its function is you have to google it.  Not good.  Not impressive.  Doesnt make me want to buy a licence.  At all.  Secondly, when you do download a plugin, most of the time, (75%) there is no readme, there are no instructions as to where the plugin bits and pieces go or how to configure it.  Heres an example "Readme"

1. Place the CKFinder folder in the Cutenews root;
2. Copy the ckfinder.php file to cdata/plugins/ckfinder.php;
3. Enable the Use CKEditor option in the system configurations.

1 and 2 are great.  Step 3?  Enable where, there is no "enable" and looking under plugins settings only shows a checkbox and a delete button next to selected plugin....

I'll lay it out here on the table for you all .... Cute News is awesome.  For free.  However the lack of CLEAR documentation, and the lack of activity on these forums, does not convince me to spend 40 dollars US on a licence.  Sorry.  It just doesn't.  The support is like to Open Source stuff where you expect a free product to come with zero support.  But I have a nagging suspicion the support wouldnt improve any just because I bought a licence. 

Anybody who wants to gripe at me about my rant, feel free, I welcome feedback.

Re: Plugins.

CKFinder is quite easy to install. You just need to download version 2.0, preferably from GitHub, and follow steps 1 and 2. Actually, step 3 is a recommendation to open Dashboard > System configurations and tick the checkbox for Use CKEditor in news to activate the plug-in.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Re: Plugins.

CKFinder is quite easy to install. You just need to download version 2.0, preferably from GitHub, and follow steps 1 and 2. Actually, step 3 is a recommendation to open Dashboard > System configurations and tick the checkbox for Use CKEditor in news to activate the plug-in.

Took 5 Days to reply and you missed the whole point...........................

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply