1 (edited by edwards 2019-06-19 13:00:09)

Topic: upgraded from Cutenews 1.4.6 to 2.1.2 posts are in html

I have managed to upgrade from 1.4.6 to 2.1.2 but all the existing posts are being displayed as HTML. I have posted a new message and that is OK.

UPDATE 11th June:  I have found that I can enter any of my existing news items to CKEDitor to edit and if I just select Edit which saves the version changed or unchanged the resulting news item is rendered correctly. So I could take all my published news and feed them into CKEditor.  The trouble with this is that I have over 80 categories and a lot of news items. 

Something is wrong with the upgrade and so far as my searches are concerned the issue is unique. Perhaps there is something wrong with the coding on the website being what was originally a Micrsoft Front page product.

I have another Cutenews 1.4.6 website that needs to be pgraded and I must get the issues sorted before I proceed any further. So I would be very pleased to get help. Thanks! Website: www.freshfordsomerset.co.uk

Some of the news items on the Home page of my website are plain text added directly to the page so do not show the HTML tags.

UPDATE 18TH JUNE 2019 I have gone through all the posts and saved them in CKEditor as I had no alternative suggested to me. It was not difficult just tiring.  Search not working now. I get a using full path to show news error.  Can't find where the show news statment comes in search.php or sitesearch.php and I have the search button on my Home page and it stilll appears to be isolated from any show news statment.  Pagination issues with multiple posts on the same page. I thought the pagination issue was fixed in  CN 2.1.2 ?

UPDATE 19TH JUNE I have found that I had a search.php file in HTDOCS and that only the one in CuteNews should be on the website. Unfortunately, its removal does not allow Search to work.

Re: upgraded from Cutenews 1.4.6 to 2.1.2 posts are in html

Thanks For Information
https://logowanie.xyz/

3 (edited by SeaLionness 2020-09-17 06:29:40)

Re: upgraded from Cutenews 1.4.6 to 2.1.2 posts are in html

Thank you so much your site has nice content

UPSers website