Topic: Deprecated Error

I am using CuteNews 2.1.2 and I'm getting a Depreciated error on any page that CuteNews coding is on (the whole directory where it's installed, plus two pages that have the 'listed updates/headlines' coding).

The Error:
Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/vol8_3/byethost16.com/b16_3654749/sailorchristmas.com/htdocs/updates/core/security.php on line 204

https://i.imgur.com/6YywzK2.jpg

The above picture is an example of the error popping up on the main/home page of my site.

2 (edited by Timothy.203 2021-06-28 12:12:13)

Re: Deprecated Error

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.

MyCardStatement

Is there still nobody working on the bugs? I posted a few years ago about a bug, and I'm still getting it, a few years later, but now... Now my posts in a fresh re-install don't show up. I just posted an update on my site, and it's still only showing previous updates. And I'm still getting the following error:

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/vol8_3/byethost16.com/b16_3654749/sailorchristmas.com/htdocs/updates/core/security.php on line 204

I might just have to give up on CuteNews all together.

4 (edited by Harding542 2021-08-31 03:51:40)

These functions cease to exist or change the expected result of the function as further versions of PHP are released. ... Using these deprecated functions will result in the creation of warnings or errors, which can be problematic, or at least annoying. The code may still run, but it might result in unusual behaviors.

DGCustomerFirst Survey

5 (edited by KevinKK 2022-07-06 04:09:50)

up press the warnings by adding the following line to the php.ini file:
Upgrade your PHP to a higher version. For information about PHP releases, please visit the Unsupported Historical Releases website
CFAHome.com