Topic: Editing/Creating Templates on 1.5.3

I'm having a serious problem with creating templates on CuteNews 1.5.3. I want to maintain my blog using this, but I need it to adhere to the design scheme that I'm already using. When I create a template however it totally messes up my page. I don't know if I've put the php in the wrong location or if I've created the template incorrectly. Here is the Code on the blog page;

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'><!-- begin:content -->
<?php
$number="7";
include("/home/heartplu/public_html/heartplum.com/CuteNews/show_news.php");
?>

<?PHP
$template = "heartplum";
include("/home/heartplu/public_html/heartplum.com/CuteNews/show_news.php");
?>
        <div class="row-fluid">
            <div class="span12 content-wrapper">

<!-- begin:elements -->
                <div class="row-fluid content-home">
                    <!-- begin:blog-article -->
                    <div class="span9">
                        <!-- begin:loop-article -->
                        <div class="row-fluid">
                            <div class="span12 blog-content">
                                <div class="page-header">
                                    <h2>Vivamus sit amet libero </h2>
                                </div>
                                <small class="meta-date">tags: &lt;span class=&quot;label label-green&quot;&gt;theme&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;label label-green&quot;&gt;recomended&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;label label-green&quot;&gt;for you&lt;/span&gt; | BY avriqq | July 15, 2013 | 3 comments</small>
                                <p><strong>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet</strong>, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus quis lectus metus, at posuere neque. Sed pharetra nibh eget orci convallis at posuere leo convallis.</p>
                                <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus quis lectus metus, at posuere neque. Sed pharetra nibh eget orci convallis at posuere leo convallis. Sed blandit augue vitae augue scelerisque bibendum. Vivamus sit amet libero turpis, non venenatis urna. In blandit, odio convallis suscipit venenatis, ante ipsum cursus augue.</p>
                                <p>+ Read more</p>
                            </div>
                        </div></div>

Here is the code for the template that I created;

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'><div class="row-fluid content-home">
                    <!-- begin:blog-article -->
                    <div class="span9">
                        <!-- begin:loop-article -->
                        <div class="row-fluid">
                            <div class="span12 blog-content">
                                <div class="page-header">
                                    <h2>{title}</h2>

</div>

<small class="meta-date">tags: &lt;span class=&quot;label label-green&quot;&gt;{category-id}&lt;/span&gt; | BY {author} | {date} | {comments-num}</small>

<p>{short-story}</p>

<p>+ [url={]Read more[/url]</p>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

And here are the results that I end up with ----------> http://www.heartplum.com/heartplum.com/blogtest.php

For some reason it decided to post all of the text twice, once with the default settings, and once with my altered settings, both however are completely outside of the frame. If anyone knows what is wrong, and can help me fix it, I'd very much appreciate it.