Topic: Version 2 - ?

Having now installed a fresh, unaltered version of the latest Cutenews release (2)

I have to post here that I will NOT be upgrading to this.

I consider this version is a retrograde step:

<ol type='1'> *  It constantly logs me out (as admin) when I am using the dashboard.
*  The wysiwyg editor looks amateurish and scattered about the page in standard view though it does display more proficiently in maximised window view.
*  There is no option to send to or retrieve from archives in the edit news window.
*  It does not correctly import templates from a previous installation (minor issue but...)
</ol>

I am launching a new current affairs opinion website and was checking out the new version to see it was suitable.

Sadly it has failed. I had expected better from an upgrade as versions 1.5(+) were very good.

I will not be using this in a production environment as I consider it is too confusing for users.

I have left the new installation actively in place should anyone from Cutenews support wish to login as admin and see what is what. Please PM me for login details.

Disappointed.

Rgds
Keith

2 (edited by 2013-12-11 00:25:27)

Re: Version 2 - ?

I didn't have any problem with your problem 1 with my CuteNews. Did you activate "Check IP" under System Configuration?

And regarding problem 3, you can actually send and still retrieve archives. Go to your "Dashboard" and under "Archives", select the dates which you want CuteNews to send the news to the archive. CuteNews will send the entire news article from that particular date that you assigned to the archives. However, there is a bug currently where the news that are being send to the archives can't be seen and they still appear at the original news page.

P.S: I paid for the pro license too.

I didn't have any problem with your problem 1 with my CuteNews. Did you activate "Check IP" under System Configuration?

And regarding problem 3, you can actually send and still retrieve archives. Go to your "Dashboard" and under "Archives", select the dates which you want CuteNews to send the news to the archive. CuteNews will send the entire news article from that particular date that you assigned to the archives. However, there is a bug currently where the news that are being send to the archives can't be seen and they still appear at the original news page.

P.S: I paid for the pro license too.

How did you get the registration updated?  I paid, got a nice fancy bill, and order #, but no registration file or anything else.  Left a comment in the contact page page with order id.

Just curious, can't seem to finger it out...

Login to your account in CuteNews main page (top right corner you will find the user login).

Once inside, simply follow the instructions. You should be able to download a file called "reg" which must be place inside your cdata folder.

Login to your account in CuteNews main page (top right corner you will find the user login).

Once inside, simply follow the instructions. You should be able to download a file called "reg" which must be place inside your cdata folder.

Thanks, now I see it.  Duh!!!