Topic: {author} in comments - a link?

Hello,
I've just installed the newest version of Cutenews on my website. I've been using the previous versions for years now (and great work, guys!). I'm used to the {author} tag used in the "comment" template to work as a link to the website/e-mail of the author of the comment, however somehow it doesn't seem to work here. Doesn't matter whether I give the e-mail address or website - when the comment is posted, the name of the author is not working as a link. I don't know if it's actually a bug or something new for this release of Cutenews. Is there a way to fix it?

Re: {author} in comments - a link?

Hello,
I've just installed the newest version of Cutenews on my website. I've been using the previous versions for years now (and great work, guys!). I'm used to the {author} tag used in the "comment" template to work as a link to the website/e-mail of the author of the comment, however somehow it doesn't seem to work here. Doesn't matter whether I give the e-mail address or website - when the comment is posted, the name of the author is not working as a link. I don't know if it's actually a bug or something new for this release of Cutenews. Is there a way to fix it?

The comments section appears broken in v2.0.1 - I have tried to draw notice to this via another post and email to support but no response as yet
https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?act=pos...159402&st=0

im still having this problem, is there a fix for it?

the same question, waiting for an answer!

This problem can be solved by modifying the code. In core/news.php you need to replace the following line:

return $user['name']?cn_htmlspecialchars($username):'Anonymous';

with these:

$username = $user['name']? cn_htmlspecialchars($username) : 'Anonymous';

// user allow to show his email?
    if (isset($user['e-hide']) && $user['e-hide'] || empty($user['email']))
        return $username;
    else
        return ''.$username.'';

to fix the problem with emails links in comments.

Best regards,
CN Support team