Topic: How to use localization menu

Hi,

How to use localization menu in dashboard? I need to make translation to another language but in this menu I see only "en" and can not find any information about this feature.

Regards,
Arnold

Re: How to use localization menu

Dear arniarni,

To create a CuteNews localization you need to:

1. Create an empty text file with the needed language in the title (e.g. en.txt, fr.txt, pl.txt, etc.);
2. Go to Dashboard > Localization, choose the language and click Select;
3. In the Phrase field enter the phrase you need to translate keeping the original letter case (e.g. Add News). In the Translate field you need to enter the text you need to translate (e.g. Nachrichten hinzufügen), and click Create.
4. Repeat step 3 till you have all the needed phrases translated;
5. Go to Dashboard > System configurations, choose the localization you need in CuteNews internationalization, save changes;

After the localization has been switched, all the phrases in the localization will be translated.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Dear arniarni,

To create a CuteNews localization you need to:

1. Create an empty text file with the needed language in the title (e.g. en.txt, fr.txt, pl.txt, etc.);
2. Go to Dashboard > Localization, choose the language and click Select;
3. In the Phrase field enter the phrase you need to translate keeping the original letter case (e.g. Add News). In the Translate field you need to enter the text you need to translate (e.g. Nachrichten hinzufügen), and click Create.
4. Repeat step 3 till you have all the needed phrases translated;
5. Go to Dashboard > System configurations, choose the localization you need in CuteNews internationalization, save changes;

After the localization has been switched, all the phrases in the localization will be translated.

I already did it but not everything got translated..only the major words...

I already did it but not everything got translated..only the major words...

Could you kindly specify what kind of text you wanted to translate and what words were not translated.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Could you kindly specify what kind of text you wanted to translate and what words were not translated.

Hello : some strings are translated, other are not. Below an example in admin section : http://i.imgur.com/x2k3isq.png

And here : on public side : http://i.imgur.com/Ge8CXIa.png

It looks like the localization script does not translate everywhere.
Maybe you could give us a list of files where the language strings are stocked ?

Thank you in advance

I wanted to add localization menu on my website that is about STD Testing NYC . I was getting the similar problem but the solution you have given worked for me. Thanks for the help.

7 (edited by breavehao 2017-03-15 09:37:33)

As far as i am speaking,
I have the same problem.
Can anyone give the answer?

computer backup software

Thanks for this introduction! It is quite complicated for me to clearly understand certain nuances.

10 (edited by Kermode59 2019-05-01 18:13:31)

Internationalization is the process of making your app adapt to different languages, regions and cultures mykfcexperience. Because a single language can be used in different parts of the world and your app should adapt to the regional

Kermode59 wrote:

Because a single language can be used in different parts of the world and your app should adapt to the regional

Can this be done automatically?

You can provide localized text for menu and toolbar commands by creating localized .vsct files and localized .resx files for your VSPackage, and then updating the project files to incorporate the changes.

thank you very much for sharing useful knowledge

You can provide feedback for the business to utilise in improving customer service and learning what you like and dislike about the products by taking the survey.   Wecare.riteaid.com

It resembles a burger but has a veggie called gammon in place of the little, round beef or chicken cake in the middle.

WhataBurgerVisit Survey