Topic: How to migrate 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 ?

Hi Support Team,

I've tried to migrate 2.0.2 version to 2.0.3 without success (many errors so I upload old files to solve the problem).

How to proceed ?

Thanks you.

Re: How to migrate 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 ?

https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/questionmark.gif

Hi Support Team,

No response ? https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I try to upload files modified on Github on the server (FTP) but many errors.

Please, describe what kind of errors has shown and the process of upgrading.

Best regards,
CN Support team

I've the version 2.0.2 who works perfectly.

So, I've download the ZIP on https://github.com/CuteNews/cutenews-2.0 and replace the old files by the new one, files modified. I'm extremely prudent so, I've replace the good one.

When it's done, I've uploaded new files on old files by FTP process.

That's all. And I've many errors, the news are not shown and PHP message error on the screen. I can't said what kind of errors because when I see that, I've upload old files to correct the problem...

Kindly use the following commit at GitHub (updated).
https://github.com/CuteNews/cutenews-2.0/co...b0bc7947db12a57

Best regards,
CN Support team

ok Thanks you Support, I'll test it tomorrow...

8 (edited by 2015-04-24 10:10:58)

Hi Support Team,

I've tested with your updates.

No error PHP but many problems.

The website is too long to load (3x more than the version 2.0.2).

I use your code (related news) : https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44649 and when a news is shown, sometimes there is a blank link with the date 1 January 1970. No problem on 2.0.2

So, I've re-upload version 2.0.2 // note : when I upload old files, I've to clean the cookies in my browser so as to have the website online, if not, the page is all blank. Maybe a problem with cookies in the new version ? don't know...

Could you fix this two problem ?

Best regards.

Сould you kindly provide more details on the error.

1. Does the website take more time to load while just displaying news without filtering or when choosing tags, searching or something similar? If the site takes more time to load while displaying news with no filter and there are a lot of news items there, then it is due to the fact that we decided not to use Meta-indexes anymore, since they ruined pagination. If it turns out that it hapens for that reason, we will we will add caching
Can you also give us the number of news items together with archives you currently have?

2. What kind of blank page do you receive, how and where from?
Where exactly do you see the date 1 January 1970 displayed?

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hi Support Team,

1/ The website is really long to load, approximately 3 times superior. I talk about the home page (16 news are present on the home page) but I use CDN etc
Yes, I use tags like this in the template :

<div id="left"><div class="une">[full-link][img]{photo}[/img][/full-link]<div class="cat"><h3>{unetag}</h3></div><div class="une1"><h1>[full-link]{title}[/full-link]</h1></div></div><div class="dateshare2"><div class="dateshareleft1"><span class="date">{day} {month} {hours}h{minute}</span></div><div class="dateshareright1"><div class="shareme" data-url="{rss-news-include-url}"></div></div></div>

Also on home page, I use php code like this : <?php $number = "1";$category = "59";$template = "Une";$PHP_SELF ="../info/news.php";include(« info/show_news.php");?>
On home page, I don’t use pagination.

What do you mean by meta-indexes ?

I’ve 23000 news.

2/ I’ve a blank page when I upload old files (2.0.2) because the website was too long to load in version 2.0.3. If I delete cookies, it’s ok. If not, the blank page persists.

I use your script related news (on topic on the forum). It works perfectly on 2.0.2 but on 2.0.3, in the headlines (6 links with related news), I’ve (sometimes, depends on type of news, maybe category) the date 1 January 1970 and a blank link...

1. In this case everything can be explained quite simply. You have a large number of news items (23000), which take a lot of time  to load, filter and sort out. Soon (after we test it) we will update the code at Github and add caching which should speed up the process. At the moment, this feature is in the testing process.

2. Is it applied only to related news or does the problem with blank links appear in active news as well? Is there 'short-story' for such news and does it appear in the dashboard, and if it is then what date does it show? As a suggestion, it could be due to the fact that there's a link to a non-existent news item in the indexes.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hi Support Team,

1/ Probably but in version 2.0.2, no problem in the home page with 23000 news... On the home page, I've only the 16 last news classified by date.
Thanks you for caching https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

2/ The problem appears only in the news with 6 related news (based on tag) : https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44649. It doesn't appear on 2.0.2.
Maybe I can delete the news in errors with the date of 1th January 1970 ? If i can, how to find this news on the dashboard cutenews ?

Thanks you.

Hi Support,

Let know please when I can download and test modifications.

Thanks you.

Hi Support,

I've tested your last update on Github.

Maybe the home page is more speed but is better on 2.0.2...

Also, there is another problem with headlines (with links to the news). I use this code :

<?php $static = TRUE;$number = "12";$template = "Headlines";$PHP_SELF ="../actu/news.php";include("news/show_news.php");?>

And the result is :

No entries to show

With related post, I've always the a blank title with 1th January 1970

Hi Support Team,

Let me know when I can test a new update...

Best regards.

Please indicate what template code you have in  Active news for Headlines.

As to the problems with headlines, we need to understand whether it is related to cache or algorithms – try clearing your cache (by removing all files in cdata/news/, that start with cache_A2). If the problem is solved after the process, please let us know. If it persists, more tests will need to be carried out.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Please indicate what template code you have in  Active news for Headlines.

As to the problems with headlines, we need to understand whether it is related to cache or algorithms – try clearing your cache (by removing all files in cdata/news/, that start with cache_A2). If the problem is solved after the process, please let us know. If it persists, more tests will need to be carried out.

Code in active news :

<div class="headlines1"><div class="headlines2"><h3>{category} {category-icon}</h3></div><div class="headlines3"><span class="date">{day} {month} {hours}h{minute}</span></div><div class="headlines4"><h2>[full-link]{title}[/full-link]</h2></div></div>

In the cdata/news/ I don't see a file cache_A2...

OK, I'll test the updates and :

I can delete all files in cdata/news/ without risk ?

Thanks you

18 (edited by 2015-05-12 14:46:45)

I can delete all files in cdata/news/ without risk ?

Yes, you can. Create a backup first.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hi Support Team,

So, I've deleted all files in cdata/news

I've uploaded updates.

THE RESULT :

in cdata/news, all files have been regenerated with this time files A2_cache etc...

BUT BIG PROBLEM (I've clear the cache, cookies etc) :

In home page, ex news appears... not the last one...

The Headlines shows no entries.

I've been obliged to upload old files to fix the problem. I've let files A2-cache etc in cdata/news.

Thanks you for your help...

20 (edited by 2015-05-13 12:50:38)

If I can help you, when I upload the file db/coreflat.php :

In home page, ex news appears... not the last one... The Headlines shows no entries.

// For speed, it seems to be solved.

Hi Support Team,

A solution ? because I'm blocked, I can't finalized the update...

Thanks you for your work.

https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/questionmark.gif

up

still same problem...

Up !

Support Team ? Where are you ?

Up!

SUPPORT ???