Topic: Slow Windows load even with SSD

Some 2 or 3 weeks ago I started having this problem. The Windows loading screen, which did not take 5 seconds before, now takes several minutes. Once logged in to OS, everything works fine.

I do not know if it has to do, but worth mentioning: I changed my 1TB HD (many bad sectors) for a 240GB Kingston SSD (SA400S37240G) about 1 year ago. As I'm not spacious use it just as storage device. I had never had an SSD before, so my experience was one of the best, I do not know how I got so long without.

I've run benchmark tests (Data LifeGuard, CrystalDiskInfo, and CrystalDiskMark) on the SSD, and they've all looked healthy and perfectly functional. I've run around several antivirus and antispyware (ESET, Norton Rescue Tool, CCleaner, SUPERAntispyware, Karspersky and Windows Defender, of course). They found one or another suspect or allegedly dangerous file, but they did not solve the problem. I also ran Defraggler to see the level of fragmentation (17%) as a curiosity, since as far as I know, fragmentation, for an SSD, makes no difference.

Everything indicates that SSD is not the culprit, but I do not know everything and I'm here because of it. Thanks for your help.

2 (edited by Deanbotsford 2021-05-07 03:54:00)

Re: Slow Windows load even with SSD

nhungthientai wrote:

Some 2 or 3 weeks ago I started having this problem. The Windows loading screen, which did not take 5 seconds before, now takes several minutes. Once logged in to OS, everything works fine.

I do not know if it has to do, but worth mentioning: I changed my 1TB HD (many bad sectors) for a 240GB Kingston SSD (SA400S37240G) about 1 year ago. As I'm not spacious use it just as storage device. I had never had an SSD before, so my experience was one of the best, I do not know how I got so long without.

I've run benchmark tests (Data LifeGuard, CrystalDiskInfo, and CrystalDiskMark) on the SSD, and they've all looked healthy and perfectly functional. I've run around several antivirus and antispyware (ESET, Norton Rescue Tool, CCleaner, SUPERAntispyware, Karspersky and Windows Defender, of course). They found one or another suspect or allegedly dangerous file, but they did not solve the problem. I also ran Defraggler to see the level of fragmentation (17%) as a curiosity, since as far as I know, fragmentation, for an SSD, makes no difference Prepaid Gift Balance.

Everything indicates that SSD is not the culprit, but I do not know everything and I'm here because of it. Thanks for your help.

If you are not on Win 10, I always found the default command line pretty average and not including many things taken for granted on other platforms.

I've found the easiest approach was to download github for Windows and use the configured terminal they provide. (Well they used to provide a terminal it's been a while since I've done it). Worth a try if the Ubuntu approach is a no go.

3 (edited by lorence04 2021-08-26 03:33:22)

Re: Slow Windows load even with SSD

Since yesterday I noticed that my PC bacame ridiculously slow at startup: usually after login it took 1 less than one minute to open all the programs that starts with windows and the system was usable from the begininng, now it took much more time (today I had to wait for 15/20 minutes before I could start to do something).

I noticed that in the task manager the disk is constantly at 33% of usage during that frame of time, but the computer acts more like if it was at 100%. Another thing: I saw that between the most "expensive" process there was one related to the antimalware (windows defender process).

I have 3 disks installed on my machine (1 SSD where the OS is installed, 1 HDD and another SSD).

Any suggestion to try to fix this behaviour?

skylightpaycard login