1 (edited by fbijltje 2020-02-13 12:03:59)

Topic: update CKeditor

I want to update the CKeditor.
I'm using version 2.1.2 of CN. The help/about page is not working. What is the version of the CKeditor in this version of CN?
I have found a directory with the name ckeditor in the directory core.
I want to update to version 5 (CKeditor 5). Simply replace the files is not working.
...I want to upload video's too, so that I can use them in the messages.

<video></video> is working perfect but it is easier using the editor if possible.
With images there are no problems.

Thansk for an answer,
Frans

Re: update CKeditor

Thanks for the information targetehr

Thank you!

Updated daily. Contains the "master" branch of CKEditor ready for release. CKEditor 4 is an Open Source application. All downloads are fully functional and subject to relevant open source license agreements or commercial license agreements (whichever is applicable). Accessibility Checker is a CKEditor 4 add-on. DinarRecaps.com

5 (edited by Blackburn22 2022-10-15 04:20:26)

This works really well for us, thank you!
https://www.aetnamedicare.us/

To upgrade CKEditor, proceed as follows:

1. Rename your existing editor folder to a backup folder, for example ckeditor_old.

2. Download the latest version from the official CKEditor Download site.
- If you are using one of the pre-defined presets like Standard or Full, download the same one.
- If you created a custom CKEditor build, you have a few options, as described in your backed-up build-config.js file.
    - You can use the unique link to download the updated version of your custom build using the latest editor release.
    - You can use the unique link to online builder pre-loaded with your custom build configuration and using the latest editor release.
    - You can go to the online builder site and click the Upload build-config.js button. Select your backed-up custom build configuration file and download the updated build containing the latest versions of all selected plugins.
3. Extract (decompress) the downloaded archive to the original editor directory, for example ckeditor.
4. Copy all configuration files that you have changed from the backup directory to their corresponding positions in the new directory. These could include (but are not limited to) the following files:
   - config.js
   - contents.css
   - styles.js
   - custom template files
   - LAFitnessPortal