Topic: Cannot embed video and cannot create new templates

Hello,

I have the latest CuteNews (v2.1.1) installed on my website, but I keep running into obstacles. First of all, when I create a new template and want to go back to the templates menu, I get the 500 error code.

Another issue I have is that I cannot embed any videos (Youtube works due to the [youtube] BB-code), but if I embed an iframe and want to save the article, I get the 403 error code.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Cannot embed video and cannot create new templates

To create a new template follow these steps:
Go to "Templates", at the bottom near the "Clone template" button, write the new template name and press "Clone template", then you will be redirected to the page informing of a successful pattern creation. After all these actions you can go to Templates.

To include Youtube, you should insert such code:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/<YoutubeID>" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then in the "Article options" tab allow to "Use HTML in this article", and save the changes.
Nite:<YoutubeID> - is the Youtube video Id, you can get iframe codes from Youtube.

Best regards,
CN Support team

3 (edited by swattingom 2020-07-28 08:58:35)

Re: Cannot embed video and cannot create new templates

MyGroundBiz

Support_Team wrote:

To create a new template follow these steps:
Go to "Templates", at the bottom near the "Clone template" button, write the new template name and press "Clone template", then you will be redirected to the page informing of a successful pattern creation. After all these actions you can go to Templates.

Then in the "Article options" tab allow to "Use HTML in this article", and save the changes.
Nite:<YoutubeID> - is the Youtube video Id, you can get iframe codes from Youtube.

Thank you for sharing article and information. this is very helpful for beginner.