Topic: Email Not Optional When Posting a Comment

I have a new install of CuteNews 2.0 on a website. The comment feature asks for Name, Email, and your Comment with Email as an optional field.  However, when trying to post a comment without an email address, an error displays reading "Email is invalid. Go Back." If an email is indeed an optional field as stated, does anyone know what may be causing the email field to be required data? What would I need to make email an optiional field. Thanks. official website

2 (edited by croverwnor.ene8 2023-03-17 03:54:28)

Re: Email Not Optional When Posting a Comment

i have also the same issue..   Home Bargains Portal

3 (edited by brandencaufie.l.d 2023-04-19 04:35:37)

Re: Email Not Optional When Posting a Comment

Hello,
It seems that there may be a configuration issue with the CuteNews comment feature. Here are some steps you can take to try to make the email field optional:

Click on "Comment Settings".
Check if there is an option to make the email field optional. If there is, make sure it is enabled. If not, continue to the next step.
Locate the "comment.html" file in your CuteNews installation directory. This file is typically located in the "templates" folder.
Open the "comment.html" file in a text editor and search for the line of code that defines the email field. It should look something like this:
graphql

<input type="text" name="useremail" size="25" maxlength="60" value="">
Remove the "required" attribute from the email field. This attribute is what is causing the email field to be a required field. Your updated code should look like this:
graphql
CheckMyRota Argos

<input type="text" name="useremail" size="25" maxlength="60" value="">
Save the changes to the "comment.html" file and upload it to your CuteNews installation directory.
Once you have completed these steps, the email field should be optional when submitting a comment on your website. If you continue to encounter issues, you may want to reach out to CuteNews support for further assistance. Hope so this suggestion will help you .