Finn1552 wrote:

How to programmatically determine in C or C++ whether a specified path is on a flash (SSD) drive or a magnetic hard drive? I'm only interested in fixed drives, not removable ones, although it will be nice to determine the type of a removable drive as well.

I can see ways to get the root volume path for a specified end path, and a way to pdfescapethe GUID of this volume, but I'm not finding a way to query this volume's hardware traits.

Given what the OP has said in their answer to my comment, I don't think this is the right question.

Instead, what actually matters here is the seek time and perhaps the latency of the disk containing the images to be loaded (see comment above).

An SSD, of course, has no seek time or latency to speak of, so it pays to decode several images in parallel (in separate threads) to make best use of the CPU. But the OP tells us that doing this causes a decrease in performance with a conventional hard disk, probably because the disk heads are jumping around all over the place trying to keep all the decoding threads fed with data.

So, can you have the best of both worlds? Can you make best use of the CPU without rattling the disk? Well, I think so, yes. What I would do is to have a single thread that reads images into memory, one at a time, to keep the disk happy.

But this thread should just read 'raw' image data. Any further processing should be hived off to some number of 'worker' threads (the exact number should probably be limited to the number of logical processors the machine has) so that it can be done in parallel. Then it should all run lickety-split on any kind of disk.

And that's all I'm going to say. OP, you have a bit of queuing / scheduling architecture to design but it'll be worth it.

If you only ever want to run this on Windows, check out the ThreadPool, or consider using std::async (which, contrary to the C++ standard, is built on top of the thread pool and offers nice C++ pass-by-value semantics).

Otherwise, take a look at the C++ Thread support library.

Edit: That's obviously a fair bit of work for the OP, see the comments, So, short-term suggestion, find some way of rattling the disk and measure the elapsed time to decide whether to load images in parallel or to process them one-at-a-time.

Just loading a few images in parallel should do it. During development, measure that on both an HDD and an SSD and then you will be able to determine a (hard-coded) value you can use as your threshold.

Note: Open the files with FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING when doing this, else the disk cache will probably lie to you.

jeanevery wrote:

Left and right sides of the two controls, click this control can move around mybkexperience the picture, this is how to achieve? Best to have a ready-made tutorial. Thank you

Search for the tutorials on Youtube. You'll find pretty nice ones.

gamesy9 wrote:

please consult with me whether it is chat avenue correct or not okay when I create a fom scratched on his website I used <input> </ input> and declare its value is <input> title = "value" name = "initial value"
but when I make a report to the browser , it runs completely

It is not right at all. You should change the layout.

edwards wrote:

Hi I have decided to install cutenews 2.1.2 on a basic website. I had previously uploaded 2.0.1. I deleted all the 2.0.1 folders and uploaded the 2.1.2 folders. Edit: I am hoping that the website as its developing will  not crash under PHP 7.

I can't get it to go into the procedure to allow access.  The Cutenews folder is set to 707. When I go to myweb/cutenews nothing happens. Edit: what does going to the cutenews folder actually do? Is there a program waiting to run?

I do not think that all the Cutenews folders have been uploaded. I'll check the download and upload any missing. Well I have uploaded the directory again and had to also upload some that were missed out.  Still no luck.

Edit: the site has a Unix server and is set to PHP 7.

There is no reference in the readme to how to run the installer. I checked my earlier versions of Cutenews and found that (in 1.5. beta) to go to mywebsite/cutenews/index.php  I altered the directory CuteNews as downloaded to cutenews just in case that is an issue with title caps No difference.  So I am stuck.  Since in 15 years I have only installed Cutenews on three websites is it any wonder that I had forgotten how to get the installer running.

Firefox does nothing, MS Edge gives an HTTP 500 error as does Chrome.

On contacting the host there was a fatal php error. On inspection some sub-directories were missing from the upload.  After several attempts to ensure that all the directories were uploaded the installation went ahead. I had used Acebit FTP 8 as my software to upload files and had not had this issue before. Do not know whether Windows 10 complicated issues. Slow upload speed?

NB  If anyone else has had a failure of the software to upload a complete directory (not just CuteNews) from uploading completely I would like to hear from them. Software used: Wise FTP 8 and Avast free edition.  Thanks.

Cutenews 2.1.2 is good. I am using it for past 3 months.

Regards,
Kasey.

resort wrote:

Hay, so i need to know variable of additional fields.

For example in this code - "<title><? if ($entry) {echo ''. $entry['t']. ' '. $entry['s'].''; } print($page_title);?></title>"
- $entry['t'] is variable of "Article title", $entry['s'] is variable of "Shot story" .

I made additional field "Description" and i need to add a variable in this wp engine code.

It is stored in an associated array. So it can only be invoked.

Regards,
Kasey.