Greetings,

While using CuteNews for quite a long time, I’ve been cooking up some wishes for future versions. I've been following the forum for a while, and I know some of my wishes has been discussed several times... Here's my two cents though.

* MySQL support (for those who wants it) along with the existing file storage. I’ve read a lot of posts regarding this topic, mostly concluding that MySQL will not be released in the nearest future. For security reasons MySQL has a major advantage compared to file storage. My existing CuteNews installation got hacked a couple of months ago, and as far as I can see, it can happen again. Further more, writing plug-ins and collecting data from MySQL will be easier, at least for my self, as my SQL knowledge reaches far, far beyond my PHP knowledge.

* Advanced categorizing. Ability to show all news, disregarding categories, i.e. on a front page.
Example: I have three categories, “1”, “2” and “3” in my CuteNews installation. With ie…

<?php
$disregardcategory;
include("show_news.php");
?>

… I want to show latest X news (or all) from both “1”, “2” and “3”.

* Built-in auto-archive (if wanted), i.e. per month. Enable / disable through the system configurations. Perhaps even selectable for each category.

* Ability to show X latest comments, even if the commented post is not displayed on the front page.

* Use a permalink feature to make shorter and more sexy URL’s.

* Possibly a spam filter for the comment function.

* RSS support, not just only for 0.91. Perhaps even Atom? How about separating news and comments in two separate feeds?

* A search function?

Martin

1. A code for disabling comment on just one post.
2. Short url link - if someone is going to give you a link(it must be short).
3. A bit smaller emoticons(smilies).
4. A theme switcher and where you can create a site theme(Like Word press - But an easy one LOL).

I wish you can add those new features for the new version of Cutenews!
Thanks

- Shaine
http://klarizze.dirt2.com