Just to say, this just happened again!

Cool thanks for this. Shame that it pretty much just says what we already knew though!

OK, we're getting somewhere...

So no other users? Do you have anything in the error logs? (The file is /cdata/logs/dump.log, I think)
Comments are enabled?

If fields were there and then gone when you logged on the next time, we have two obvious possibilities:
- Something can go wrong when comments get added
- Something can go wrong during the login process

Well, I can't see anywhere to disable comments directly, but comments are set to only be a user, and self signup is disabled. Also the comment templates are blank.

Edit: However these errors have shown up...

1369159960|2013-05-21 19:12:40|Warning: disk_free_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369159960|2013-05-21 19:12:40|Warning: disk_total_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369159960|2013-05-21 19:12:40|Warning: Division by zero; \inc\main.php:210;
1369160052|2013-05-21 19:14:12|Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach(); \inc\tools.php:476;
1369172493|2013-05-21 22:41:33|Warning: disk_free_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369172493|2013-05-21 22:41:33|Warning: disk_total_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369172493|2013-05-21 22:41:33|Warning: Division by zero; \inc\main.php:210;
1369225423|2013-05-22 13:23:43|Warning: disk_free_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369225423|2013-05-22 13:23:43|Warning: disk_total_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369225423|2013-05-22 13:23:43|Warning: Division by zero; \inc\main.php:210;
1369225915|2013-05-22 13:31:55|Warning: disk_free_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369225915|2013-05-22 13:31:55|Warning: disk_total_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369225915|2013-05-22 13:31:55|Warning: Division by zero; \inc\main.php:210;
1369760447|2013-05-28 18:00:47|Warning: disk_free_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369760447|2013-05-28 18:00:47|Warning: disk_total_space(): Access is denied.  ; \inc\main.php:210;
1369760447|2013-05-28 18:00:47|Warning: Division by zero; \inc\main.php:210;
1369760454|2013-05-28 18:00:54|Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach(); \inc\tools.php:476;

A lack of disc space removing fields?!

What did you do before? Anything "special" that you don't do every day? (Such as changing the settings, changing your password, creating a new user, ...)

I tried getting the bug myself but I just can't, so I have no idea where to look. This week is finals week for me, so it isn't exactly at the top of my list, but I'll look at it again on Thursday. This is really bothering me https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Did absolutely nothing, didn't even go to the website until this afternoon, and it was gone.

Ok, it's happened again (Tuesday again....?!?!?!) conf.php:

<?php die(); ?>
b:0;

No problem.

From memory, I think when it happened before, the file was completely wiped. I will check next time it happens.

Hmm, could you please paste the contents of the file /cdata/conf.php ? I have a "lead," but have yet to confirm it.

Right now, I doubt that it's related to any file permissions. I think it's some error in the coding somewhere.

Also, if you remember the names of the additional fields you had, or if you remember what other settings you've edited around the time they disappeared, that information would be great, of course https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

No problem:

<?php die(); ?>
a:1:{s:11:"more_fields";a:2:{s:5:"intro";s:5:"Intro";s:5:"image";s:5:"Image";}}

I just checked the cdata/conf.php file out of interest... Last updated 05/22/2013? It hasn't been accessed today... What is accessing this file that is making it lose it's data....? It seems this is being 'updated' every time cutenews is loaded from the frontend. I've just double checked the permissions on this file and i've changed it to 774, should this work?

Any chance of a solution?

Has happened again, again for no reason, seemingly.

Try uploading your old core/ckeditor and /skins folders if you can. Worked for me.

There were no actions that led to this, it just happened.

In the latest update, .inc/tools.php has been updated from:

$fx = fopen(SERVDIR.'/cdata/cache/conf.php', 'w');
        fwrite($fx, "<?php die(); ?>\n" . serialize($cfg) );
        fclose($fx);

with

$fx = fopen(SERVDIR.'/cdata/conf.php', 'w');
        fwrite($fx, "<?php die(); ?>\n" . serialize($cfg) );
        fclose($fx);

Which i'm guessing should store the fields properly and not lose them.

Try updating?

I think i've narrowed it down to the fields being stored in a cache file (/cdata/cache/conf.php) and therefore i'm guessing that somehow this is being wiped as cache is being cleared?

(16 replies, posted in News)

Any chance of taking a look at this?

https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43543

We've got this issue too, no idea why!?

(1 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Has anyone managed to make a sort news function for the newest version?

(3 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Hi
I have moved a site to another host and hosted under a different domain.

Now cute news won't work!  I can see in the old version (still online)where the path is set to the domain but I can't get into the panel on the new location. Is there a better way of moving the news?

Export old and import into new??

Regards

Use the backup feature and FTP it to your hard drive, then do a clean install, upload the backup and load it in the backup option of the admin panel.

Is there any plugin, hack or trick to CN 1.5?
I wish I could attach pdf files in the news.

Maybe take a look at CKeditor plugins if you're using CKEditor with your news?

(2 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Hello, as thread name saying {data} tag in Active News temp. edit is not working, i want to make it like :
Posted on {date} by {author-name}
But on main page of my site it's not working, i can see only
Posted on {date} by Admin, dunno why {date} is not working, anyone know how-to fix it ?

Go in to Options > System Configuration > News

and look where it says 'Time Format For News', see what you've got in the box next to that. If it's blank, put d M Y and save, then check your news page.

Suggestion for next version of cute news version https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Additional fields should be visible at all times so when you go on the add news page you can see them straight away without having to click 'More fields...'

See attached image to see the section I am talking about.

Thanks,
James.

You can mod the addnews template like I did James:

[url=#]More fields...[/url]
            <div id="add_flds_collapse" style="display: none;">
                    <p><table class="panel">
                    {foreach from=xfields}
                        <tr>
                            <td>{$xfields.1}</td>
                            <td><input tabindex=2 type=text size="42" value="{$xfields.3}" name="{$xfields.0}" >   <span style="font-size:7pt">{$xfields.2}</span></td>
                        </tr>
                    {/foreach}
                </table></p>
                </div>

Becomes:

<p><table class="panel">
                    {foreach from=xfields}
                        <tr>
                            <td>{$xfields.1}</td>
                            <td><input tabindex=2 type=text size="42" value="{$xfields.3}" name="{$xfields.0}" >   <span style="font-size:7pt">{$xfields.2}</span></td>
                        </tr>
                    {/foreach}
                </table></p>

Be sure to make a backup first.

(6 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

If you managed to get this working could you let me know what you did would love to have a feature like this https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I did get it working, but it was a really hacky way of doing things.

I added an xfield for the featured image that I then put in to [img]{featuredimage}[/img]
Then in skins/base_skin/addnews/index_cke.tpl (because of using CKEditor), I added this:

{foreach from=xfields}
                        <tr>
                            <td>{$xfields.1}</td>
                            <td><input tabindex=2 type=text size="42" value="{$xfields.3}" name="{$xfields.0}" id="{$xfields.0}" >   <span style="font-size:7pt">{$xfields.2}</span>
<span style="display:none">    {if 0=featuredimage}</span>
    [url=#]Choose Image[/url]
    </td>
    {/if}
                        </tr>
                    {/foreach}

I'm not sure if it's right coding, but it works on mine. Basically {if 0=featuredimage} means it checks to see if the xfield is featuredimage and if it does it shoes the choose image link next to the field. Then the "&area=featuredimage" part means when the image is chosen, the url is added to the correct field.

Not perfect and as I say, hacky, but it does the job.

(17 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

The new developer-friendly and easy-to-use plug-ins system, which first made its appearance in 1.5.0, allows you to extend the basic feature set of CuteNews.

That along with a post I read by the Support team the other day says to me that rather than people making hacks, it should now be simple enough to make plugins instead of hacks.

(6 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Tried it out on my friends computer, works just fine... Any solution to get it back on track on mine? https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

No idea, sounds js related, but you say that's all enabled.

(18 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

I'VE NOTED THAT LATEST COMMENTS SCRIPT IS VERY FAULTY FOR SEARCH MALFUNCTION.
Anyway, deleting letest comments script, the following problem remains:

Any suggestion?

On my computer it still has Italia fuori dall’euro in the title.

Posts found: 1 to 25 of 44

Pages 1 2 Next

CutePHP Forums → Posts by Kristoff1875

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.