If that's the page where the public can read your news, then yes, that's where you put it.

It means the page that actually DISPLAYS your news on your website.

Is there a version of this hack that will work with 1.45?

BUMP -

Anyone at all with any ideas on this one?

Does anyone know if you need to have any particular libraries installed on either the server or on the PC for this hack to work properly?

As I have noted, this is a new PC, so maybe I have a library missing that I had installed before when all 6 of my news installations worked ok...?

I'm actually getting so desperate now that I am on the verge of ripping out all 6 installations and trying re-installations - but if it is down to a missing library on my PC I will be wasting hours of my time...

UPDATE - Since posting the above about it not working on v1.45 I have tested my other installations (I have 6 licensed CN installations, all with this hack installed).

All had previously worked fine.
All but one are v1.41, the other is 1.45
The only thing that has changed is my own PC, I had to buy a new one at the weekend. I have the same OS installed (Win2k Pro) and as far as I can remember have all the same software installed - so why would image insertion suddenly stop working...?

What appears to be happening is that the image IS uploaded, but no thumbnail is created.

The "upimages" and "thumbs" folders are CHMOD'd to 777

I'm at a loss, as suddenly I cannot insert image thumbnails into any of my installations - anyone got any ideas? or anyone had similar problems?

I had this hack working fine on a CN 1.41 installation.
I have just upgraded the installation to 1.45 which overwrote the images.mdu file.

So I then tried putting the images.mdu version 3 file up on the site but my images no longer work - is there a version that works with CN1.45?

If you are reading the page with a browser for the blind - one that reads the page out loud, this behaviour, with the alt text being replaced by the file name, means that the file name is read out twice... and the visitor still gets no description as would normally be provided by the Alt text, not what is intended surely...?

I've uploaded the new images.mdu and have created the watermark folder, and put a couple of TT fonts in there. But when I am uploading an image and tick on the "Create Watermark (Text)" box, nothing actually happens. The image is uploaded normally - with no watermark...???

And the REAL annoyance is that regardless of what I type into the "Alt Text" box, when I click on any of the "Insert" buttons the Alt Text I typed is replaced by the file name - which is highly annoying.

I think I'll have to go back to an earlier version till this is fixed...

Yes. I mean I want ALL "short story" news items to be in a two column format. As I have 6 licenses (5 of which are for clients) I do not want to have to start telling clients that they have to insert table when adding news code to format their news this way.

What I need is a way to make the CN installations format in two columns automatically for the short story.

To see exactly what I mean, go to: http://www.unhabitat.org/

And I was just wondering if there is a way to make the thumbnail appear in a different column to the news?

i.e.
column 1 - show thumbnail
column 2 - show news item

Whereas at the moment when you click "insert image" the only option is to insert it into the news item itself. Whereas a 2 column layout would look much neater.

That's fixed both problems - many thanks,
excellent work, I'll use this a lot.

Just got the update - but unfortunately I overwrote the last version - as the new version has a glitch.

The code inserted doubles the "href" reference so the align doesn't work.

EXAMPLE:

(After clicking to insert an image with align=right)
<DIV>javascript:popupMedia( </DIV>&lt;IMG style=&quot;BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px&quot; alt=drawn hspace=15 src=&quot;http://www.sart.co.uk/cutenews/data/upimages/thumbs/drawn.jpg&quot; vspace=5&gt;

Notice the doubling of the HREF statement?
Plus no align statement even though I had selected align right from the align options...

I've tried the same with align=left but the same HREF doubling happens and with no align statement in the html code.

Any wishes for the default values before I upload it?

5 for vspace and 15 for hspace would be cool...   https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

What about vspace? Needed as well?

Oh yes please...   https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

VERY Cool script - now if you could just add an easy way to add hspace it would really ROCK !!!

Sorted out now - I used the full absolute server path rather than the relative one.

I tried that just now, carerfully edited the files. But I am getting this error even though the file  in question is CHMOD to 777

Warning: fopen(./data/comments4approve.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxx/xxxxxl/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/cutenews/inc/shows.inc.php on line 265
CuteNews can not write to file '', check if it exists and is proper CHMOD'ed

The feature I would most like to see next is for comments to be held for approval, so then I could weed out the damned fake meds peddlars who just love to put their links in to the system...