1 (edited by 2015-05-13 11:50:21)

Topic: Website Design Layout

Hi,

Is a large header bad for SEO?

I see other web designers doing it but I have read that it's not best for SEO.

Please see my website:

Web Design Sussex

SEO Sussex

I would appreciate feedback on the large header but also my general layout.

It's a WordPress built site.

Cheers,

Steve Cummins

Re: Website Design Layout

yes lareg header are not the best way to design. It relates to what Google call "above the fold".

See this article http://searchengineland.com/google-updates...eavy-ads-183929

Large header will not look good at all. If your getting trouble in  designing website then you can consult www.hjmt.com as they also do website and graphics designing apart from public relations.

4 (edited by 2015-12-05 07:17:30)

It's one thing to know how to build a Web layout, but it's something else to know the rules behind designing a layout that works. The first thing you do when you design a Web page is you start with a blank page and you place elements on that page.Responsive web design is a way of creating websites that attempts to future proof your designs by creating a style sheet that is specific to different resolutions and widths. Responsive design doesn't have to be extremely complicated. what you should consider for three different versions of the same site and how to set them up in the CSS and HTML. if you want to more information click here.

Yes big headers are not good for your site.

If your website provides SEO services, should not you know whats "best practice" for Google?

octopustechsol why did you refer to WordPress  and then provide a link to Magento?

8 (edited by King26 2021-10-09 04:00:27)

The Ins and Outs of How to Design a Website Layout That Works
Step 1: Think Simple.
Step 2: Utilize Negative Space.
Step 4: Format Persuasive Copy Properly.
Step 5: Be Clear About Outcome.
Step 6: Don't Be Afraid to Borrow.
Step 7: Go Responsive.
Step 8: Feature Your Offerings & Smiling Faces.

advanced md