(6 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Working on this site:  www.Kymberle.com I had everything working on my server but when I moved everything over to her server the captcha won't work correctly. When you try to add a comment it says 'wrong captcha' I've tried it several times so I know its not the wrong captcha. Any ideas?

Kymberle - there is no contact facility on your website. Have you fixed this issue??

Have you checked that your hosting company has enabled gd on their server? Without it most captcha systems will not work.
To check if it is enabled, create a new info.php file, insert the code:
<? phpinfo(); ?>
save it to your server and then open it with your browser. Look through the displayed php information for a section entitled gd

You should delete the info.php file when done.

(4 replies, posted in Script Feedback and Suggestion)

Sorry for the late reply.

To delete the notice in inc/main.php, you should the lines
if ((int)$last_login_month < (int)$last_archived['month'] and $last_login_year <= $last_archived['year'])
$warn .= proc_tpl('main/auto_archive', array('date' => date("d M Y H:i:s", $member_db[UDB_LAST])));

comment out
// if ((int)$last_login_month < (int)$last_archived['month'] and $last_login_year <= $last_archived['year'])
// $warn .= proc_tpl('main/auto_archive', array('date' => date("d M Y H:i:s", $member_db[UDB_LAST])));

The option of deactivating the notice about auto-archiving will be added in future.

Thanks!

Am awaiting a response to my last post at present.

Dear User!

Please send us more details regarding your issues, such as links, screenshots, logs. Then our programmers will be able to consider your query.

Hi

The log files are about 10MB !

I have attached a screenshot of the CKEditor open. None of the buttons function although they can be pressed. Note that the Format and Size drop down menus are empty - they stay that way when content is added.

https://cutephp.com/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-3081-1364223141.jpg

This issue started without warning a few days ago. I had not made any changes to any files and neither had anyone else.

If you would like to login as admin to see what is happening let me know and I will provide login details in a PM.

Hope you can help!

Rgds
Keith

Which version are you using? I also have used cutenews since the very first version. The latest version is the best yet.
I have three websites running 1.5.3 on three different servers. All work perfectly. As does version 1.4.7 on yet another server and 1.5.2 on another.
You say you have not changed anything but if cutenews has suddenly stopped working then something has changed. Has your server been updated? The version of PHP upgraded?

Hi Damoor,

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the previous released version to 1.53. I have two website, as I relocated hosting to another website.
Without changing anything on the setup of Cutenews, it has stopped working correctly on both sites, with no discernible reason.

I will send you a PM with admin login details to the old installation which was working just fine up to two days ago. I am deleting the new site Cutenews to re-upload it from my local system as I know none of the files have changed at all.

Give me a few minutes please and I will PM you with the login details.

Rgds
Keith

Please see end post in this topic - - - newsmedia

Why have those behind Cutenews messed it up completely?

I have used Cutenews for years. Now it simply doesn't work.

I have not changed anything nor tried to update it from the previous to the current release.

And yet in the last week:
1. The CKEditor doesn't work. The paragraph format box is empty. The text size panel is empty. The images uploader/insert box doesn't work.

2. How has this changed when I have NOT updated it or changed any files myself?

3. The RSS feed no longer works.

It seems someone has made many changes that have completely broken the workings of this product.

Why??

Rgds

Hi

There appears to be a problem with the check referrer setting in index.php on line 82

When set to default setting of
        // Check referer
      RereferCheck();

the following message is displayed when attempting to log in:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function RereferCheck() in /newsin/index.php on line 82
(I have removed the home directory info at the start of the link in the text above)

When already logged in and login is set to 'remember me' the problem does not exist.

Anyone trying to log in afresh however gets the error message.

Commenting out the line RereferCheck(); removes the problem.

Any suggestions why this is happening would be appreciated.

Rgds

I bought a CuteNews license, but i have no Client Login Data to download the regFile.
What can i do?

Hi

There should have been a link for you to download the file. You may find it by reloading the pages from your browser history.

(4 replies, posted in Script Feedback and Suggestion)

Having purchased a licence for this product it is irritating and in fact insulting that the current owners/administrators of CuteNews ignore any and all contact from users.

This never happened with the original owners administrators.

I will not repeat here the question I asked that never received any response.

However, I will ask how to get rid of the message:

"CuteNews has performed auto-archive opperation since your last login at 24 Feb 2013 18:29:21
If you don't want your news to be auto-archived every month,
you can swith this option off from [ System Configurations ]. "

This does not go away from the Welcome page after archiving has been performed. I do not want to switch archiving off but do need to get rid of this message.

Any suggestions folks?

Rgds

Hi

Prior to the latest release of CuteNews, (when all the inc files were .mdu) I was able to modify privileges so that certain journalists could be restricted to specific categories.

In the latest default version of CuteNews, the only way this can be done is to set specific categories to admin/editor use only.

I don't want to elevate journalists' privileges to admin or editor, only to be able to restrict to certain categories as a journalist.

Does anyone know if such a thing is possible in the newer version of CurteNews?

Warm Rgds
Keith Harris

(2 replies, posted in Script Feedback and Suggestion)

Hi

It would be useful to have the options in admin control panel to email single or multiple users.
A link 'Email Users" could call up a list of current users with selection boxes allowing admin to select one or multiple users to email through CuteNews.

This could be added to the existing Edit User facility or as a new link in the admin control panel.

I don't have sufficient PHP skills to work this in myself but I do know enough to know it is possible with the current flat file system.

Hope someone can code this and add it as a MOD somewhere ...

Regards to all

(20 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Some issues with the RSS feed in this version and a few other bugs I found.

I have detailed them in this item
https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43242

And when you click the spellchecker link if you need to download the dictionary, you will lose anything you have written into this box!

Cheers!

To solve this go to the item
https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtop...view=getnewpost

I tried to update from Version 1.4.6 to 1.5 and get the warnings below.
Then I tried to install a clean copy in a different folder and I get the same warnings.

In both cases I am not able to do anything after I am logged in.
When I click on any menue item, the login-screen pops up and wants me to log in again. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Someone here with any ideas ?
Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Clear your browser cache. Download the file news.txt from CDATA and edit it in a text editor.
Under the line

<?PHP die("You don't have access to open this file !!!"); ?>

insert the line

1357868382|1|admin|8d969eef6ecad3c29a3a629280e686cf0c3f5d5a86aff3ca12020c923adc6
c92|123456|your@email.com|0|0

Replace your@email.com with your own email

Save & upload the file. Login as admin with the password 123456

You can now go to the control panel, change your own login password and dlete your previous account.

Oh well, just wrote you a message, clicked spellcheck then got sent to the spellcheck dictionary download page and  . . . hey presto the whole message vanished. Not a good start, needs fixing.  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/tease.gif

So here I go again. I was very happy with the previous release of Cutenews and only upgraded when I found it didn't work with newer PHP releases.

But the RSS feed in the latest Cutenews release seems very messed up. I have updated customizerss.tpl as recommended elsewhere in this forum.

When you submit the RSS to a newsreader (try using http://www.newsmedianews.com/newsin/rss.php?number=10 in a news reader) you see a mixmash of items, some very old. It does not show the active news only and I can find no way to configure this.

And why (still) do clickable thumbails not open when clicked in a new popup window?

My scripting knowledge is OK, but is also like a 5-year-old driving a car who then meets a 3-year-old who flies a Lear jet. I've looked to find clues to fix the above but no luck  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/nea.gif

As its a news system, and I operate a new website, a correctly functioning RSS newsfeed is paramount if one is to be used at all.

Help guys, what's the error in the script here as I am certain it is not a misconfigration at my end, rather I think it is in the scripting somewhere.

The update has been recently made that lets save the file with the users (https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/commit/62d9e4e801432a087330cfa2d495c72211f834de).
Install this version that you can download here https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/downloads)
If something goes wrong, just try to transfer all file from data to cdata and from upimages to uploads and then authorize.

This links to a dead page.

(0 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Why when I click to edit news as administrator I get a pages that says 'taking too long to load"
and shows a page from GITHUB with their contact details

What is this junk ??

SOLVED
It was because I had the number of news edits to be shown set at 25 - lowering it made this freaky page go away.

Hello

I have just purchased a licence, upgraded to the latest version, tried to login and am told my login details are incorrect and the system banned me!

What do I need to do to log in ?????

I cannot recover any password, it says I don't exist!

This is a poor start and ill seek a full refund from you if you do not respond

Rgds
Keith

OK - have sorted this myself by manually editing the user_db file but unhappy at the lack of response.

Following the upgrade, all my users' passwords have become inactive.

And what happened to the file upload/insert function?

(5 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

There has been no solution on this question... but maybe someone with good php experience could help. I'll quote the topic from the google web cache:

Newsletter Hack: how to add category name to newsletter?

My own PHP is not good enough to work this one out with the menu hack code ...
hopefully some php aware member will be able to figure this...

Sorry can't help myself

Hi

I want to add the category NAME to the newsletter after an item's title (not the category number).

There is (was?) a topic on this (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&amp;rct=j&amp;q=newsletter%2Bcategory&amp;source=web&amp;cd=1&amp;ved=0CCIQFjAA&amp;url=http%3A%2F%2Fcutephp.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D35839&amp;ei=1DobT8DACsHJhAfx3JnFDA&amp;usg=AFQjCNGYdz1POfw84JEqdHKWskOMzS147Q)

but the lin throws up a page error.

Any help on how to add category name to newsletter would be appreciated.

Rgds

Posts found: 101 to 119 of 119

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5

CutePHP Forums → Posts by Newsmedia