Dear l2eclipse,

To deal with the error, please, change the line

function cn_bc_add($name, $url)

for

function cn_bc_add($name, $url = '')

in the file 'core/core.php'.

The task is quite difficult. We have an algorithm for updating to the newest version: https://cutephp.com/cutenews/upgrade.php. Yet, version 1.3.1 is very old and the result is hard to be predicted. In this case, it is highly recommended to run the process locally on a web-server like Denwer before updating CuteNews.

(4 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Yes, this is the right way to migrate from version 2.0 to version 2.1.

You can try the following solution: install a new, clean Cutenews copy to a local (virtual) server, for example, or to a separate folder on an existing host. Provide a new login, email, and a password during the installation.

After the installation is complete, copy files (from the created copy installation) from the folder 'data/users/' into the one that is to be recovered (yet, do not rewrite the file 'users.txt'). Try to log in. If the login has been successful, delete the new copy of Cutenews (if you do not need it anymore).

(3 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Dear Sir,

Please send us the URL from the browser like in the example:

/index.php?mod=editnews&action=editnews&id=1516005372&m=added

This will let us know details of the problem. It may be the attempt to access the prohibited in .htaccess catalogue or the settings may be incorrect, thus, it is important to make sure that the URL is valid.

The URL we need is the one that has provides the 403 error.

It can be easily done by changing templates in Dashboard > Templates, Active News section for news listing, Full Story for complete news entry, etc. Also, some phrases (not completely) can be changed in Dashboard > Localization, inserting the original phrase into "Phrase" and the desired one into "Translate". This should be done after the patterns have been edited.

Manual deletion of articles avoiding Dashboard is hard to perform as articles contents are encrypted and can't be read. Articles are stored in cdata/news/YYYY-mm-dd.php files. If you are sure that articles by certain date can be deleted and they are absent from Dashboard, the file with the date can be removed.

If you know the IDs of the articles to be deleted a direct access to them from Dashboard can be used:

index.php?mod=editnews&action=editnews&id=1514116476

The ID - is the article number (here 1514116476 - is an example). This variant is a bit more complicated.

(11 replies, posted in News)

Dear Users!

We present a new version of Cutenews 2.1.0. The main changes touched a new interface offered by one of our contributors on the forum, we updated the design, checked it for errors, and improve functionality, fixed some bugs.

ADD   A new interface of Dashboard based on bootstrap framework
FIX   Output of the maximum width of image in the news preview
      Filtering the output of links in the preview
      Output of images in TITLE is deleted
      Fixed a bug while unpacking backup from ZIP file
ADD   Action choice in the media gallery is added
      Added the opportunity to insert several images via popup in the media gallery
FIX   Corrected the message about empty archives when selecting the news listing
ADD   Added breadcrumbs in the news and the listing
UPDATE  Updated the module interface for localization
FIX   Increased coverage of messages for localization (minor)
FIX   Fixed bug of category management (auto-incrementing id)
FIX   Fixed incorrect listing display when deleting a category

(1 replies, posted in HTML, CSS and Overall Look)

Dear KEK,

This may be the case of the wrong settings. You can check them here: Dashboard -> System configuration -> Ckeditor,

row1: Source,Maximize,Scayt,PasteText,Undo,Redo,Find,Replace,-,SelectAll,RemoveFormat,NumberedList,BulletedList,Outdent,Indent
row2: Image,Table,HorizontalRule,Smiley
row3: Link,Unlink,Anchor
row4: Format,FontSize,TextColor,BGColor
row5: Bold,Italic,Underline,Strike,Blockquote
row6: JustifyLeft,JustifyCenter,JustifyRight,JustifyBlock

The user can add, change places of and delete listed parameters separated by commas.

(2 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

It seems that you need to use templates here. There is an inbuilt template in Cutenews - Headlines.
Go to Dashboard, Templates, choose the Headlines template, Active News section.
There insert the following:

<div id="SLIDE">
    <p>[link]{title}[/link]</p>
    <p>{short-story}</p>
    </div>

On the page where you need the news to be shown:

<?php

$template = 'Headlines';
    include("show_news.php");

?>

In your case Name:, Email:, Posted on:, etc. are in the template files in Dashboard > Templates, thus they can be translated from there directly.

Dear Stronikka,

The translation is made using the method of function wrapping, for example, i18n('Remember me') is the phrase to be translated and is placed in the file core/news.php

$echo = '<input class="cn_comm_remember" type="checkbox" name="cn_remember_me" value="Y" /> '.i18n('Remember me').' ';

The line with i18n will be translated. To actually translate it, go to the Languages module and insert the starting line "Remember me" and the final line, and save it. Any phase "Remember me" will be translated.

In the described case the template behaves strangely. Try to temporarily remove "clever_truncate" from the file

.../skins/base/dashboard/comments.php

and check how it works.

Please inform which Cutenews version do you use and check if the news entries are present in 'cdata/news' as the Y-m-d.php (the year-month-day format PHP) file. If they are present, please inform us via the Forum of the file sizes. If the files are present and are big in size, then the problem is in the indexes. It is possible to run re-indexing, but the details are important to be checked first.

tclauset wrote:

I'm trying a new install of CuteNews 2.0.4. Copied all the files and folders to a dedicated directory on my Bluehost web site. Set folders to 755 and files to 664 permissions. Deleted the Migrations folder and then tried to run the index.php file in the root directory -- Bluehost returns a "This page isn’t working ..  (your website) is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500" 

At first I thought the error message meant a permissions problem. I went back and made sure all folders were set at 755 and files at 664. Still no luck. Can you help? Somewhere else I found a possible cause -- a corrupted .HTACCESS file. I found such a file in the root directory of my website, but not in the CuteNews folder. Still stumped as to why CuteNews won't install.

The weird part of this is I have an old CuteNews 1.4.5 version on my web site that runs just fine -- and it's been up and running since 2005! -- But I like the newer interface and would prefer to run a more recent version .... If I could only get the 2.0.4 files to successfully install in a new folder. Can you help?

The problem seems to be in the PHP version. Please inform which PHP version is provided by your hosting?

(7 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Please specify your request. Do you mean a news tag?

(7 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Insert <title> ... </ title> in <head> ... </ head> in your layout

(1 replies, posted in Problem Solving / Help & Support)

Send an email to which he activated, we will help in activation

No, because Ckeditor is integrated into cutenews so that there are no errors, when installed at your own risk and risk, perhaps, but only there can be multiple errors.

No, it can not be replaced. This banner is shown intentionally so that it does not turn out to change it or hide it using css methods without a license.

The current position is displayed. For example, for the year 2017-20, for other years 28, or some are in the archives. Check, please, the archives and all the data, it is possible that the rest of the news is there.

Check if you have the Auto-Archive news option enabled (Sysconf> General> Automatic archiving every month).

Concerning the transfer of dates, were these dates earlier correct and at a certain point become wrong? If so, then there may be an error with automatic migration when archiving, or when saving.

It's possible that the problem is not in the given rows and errors, but in the rights to access the files. You can comment out these lines if hosting does not allow the use of design data intended for php version 5.5. Here, UTF-8 characters are converted to HTMLEntities (you can not even use it).

The second problem can consist in errors in the session, in the wrong record of the user in the database. If this is a new CN installation, then try changing the file permissions in cdata to the maximum permissible (777), then reinstalling CN again.

In Cutenews, such functionality is not yet available, the only solution is only to re-save all 76 news.

To do this, go to the news editing, at the bottom, there is a form for selecting the date, enter (choose) a new date and save the news again. It will go up according to a new date.